Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

3901 - 3920 of 3933 Posts

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Yeah, I like the looks of the pipes, but hope they don't interfere with soft luggage. Don't know the brand though.

I didn't know the rotors were non-OEM, thanks for pointing that out. What should they look like? I'd certainly rather have the cast iron rotors from what I've heard.

edit: seems I have a lot to learn, LOL. :D maybe I should start a thread for this bike, as I will do what I always do with a new (to me) machine, tear through it checking everything and making upgrades right away.
the rotors you have are OEM-but not for an SP, you should have cast iron ft rotors, but I dont think are are available any more and when you find them used can be expensive. I would ride it just as it is -I think you will find you have plenty of brakes with what you have

Reactions: skowinski

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts
I think I have a spare set of cast front rotors with like 1000 miles on them. I have to look for them but if someone needs them, I have a spare set.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think I have a spare set of cast front rotors with like 1000 miles on them. I have to look for them but if someone needs them, I have a spare set.
I would be interested if you can find them, thanks. (y) You could PM me.

edit: not sure PMs, conversations whatever they are called, work for me yet since I'm so new here...

·
Premium Member
1,152 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Not sure where this goes, but it is a picture of a SS. :love:

Anyone recognize the side fairings? They are not stock as came on the bike (1996 model). Aftermarket - or some different year design?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Here's one that's new to me from the days before Terblanche got his hands on them. I had a 1976 900SS that was a beast! This '93 is much friendlier and my arms don't get pumped from pulling on the front brake and clutch levers, and it accelerates like a missile.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Personally, I've never had a problem w/Terblanche.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Back in December I picked up a 95 900SP. Turned out to be a bit in disappointing condition, and on top of that the shipper damaged it. I started a thread on my teardown and rebuild of that one. Just a couple of weeks ago a 96 900SP came on the radar screen, looked great, price was right, so I bought it (I know, out of control here...). This one is really really nice. Only found a few things I don't like, that I'm fixing now, like the bogus little aftermarket rear turn signals. Need spring to come!

edit: sorry, colors in these photos came out weird, red looks a bit faded which it isn't at all

·
Señor Member
8,338 Posts
Back in December I picked up a 95 900SP. Turned out to be a bit in disappointing condition, and on top of that the shipper damaged it. I started a thread on my teardown and rebuild of that one. Just a couple of weeks ago a 96 900SP came on the radar screen, looked great, price was right, so I bought it (I know, out of control here...). This one is really really nice. Only found a few things I don't like, that I'm fixing now, like the bogus little aftermarket rear turn signals. Need spring to come!

edit: sorry, colors in these photos came out weird, red looks a bit faded which it isn't at all
Are you sure that's a 96? I have a 96 and it does not have those duct openings in the middle back edge of the side fairings.

3901 - 3920 of 3933 Posts