Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

3881 - 3900 of 3933 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here's my bike a few days ago. She's a 1999 w/ about 87K miles and while not as comfy as my KTM 690 Duke, she's still a keeper!

·
Registered
2,137 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
A little two up coffee ride with my gf this afternoon.
9E3F8447-0A6F-419A-BF51-AB9AA41C5729.jpeg

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
After a nice ride through western MD, WV and VA I took my SS on a nautical adventure across the Potomac on the historic Whites Ferry. There aren't many bridges north of DC so it's take the long way home or hop on the Ferry. Other than being a passenger on the Ferry to Islay to visit Lagavulin and Ardbeg distilleries it was the first time I'd ever ferried a vehicle. After recently moving here from Chicago it's quite a revelation to be riding in December in near 60 degree weather. Ferry was full so this is the best shot I could get. The SS is the perfect bike on the rural roads in this area.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
New here, and this is (will be LOL) my new Ducati when it arrives via shipper at my house next week. Just in time for Christmas! 1995 with ~20k miles and still looks good.

View attachment 998859

View attachment 998860
I like the high pipes I did the same on my 91 --it looks like the ft rotors have been replaced with standard pizza rotors instead of the cast irons that it should have.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I like the high pipes I did the same on my 91 --it looks like the ft rotors have been replaced with standard pizza rotors instead of the cast irons that it should have.
Yeah, I like the looks of the pipes, but hope they don't interfere with soft luggage. Don't know the brand though.

I didn't know the rotors were non-OEM, thanks for pointing that out. What should they look like? I'd certainly rather have the cast iron rotors from what I've heard.

edit: seems I have a lot to learn, LOL. :D maybe I should start a thread for this bike, as I will do what I always do with a new (to me) machine, tear through it checking everything and making upgrades right away.

·
Registered
3,548 Posts
Those pipes allow the Oggio/Dainese soft luggage to fit perfectly. Those are what I call the "mid-range" pipes, they still allow aftermarket passenger footpegs. My 95 bought used came with what looks like the exact same exhaust cans and they were really loud. DBKillers knocked it down to a reasonable volume and helped the stock carbs work better too.

3881 - 3900 of 3933 Posts