Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3781 - 3800 of 3842 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
My new (to me) 02' 750 Sport. Dug out some carbon goodies and a solo tail section from my stash. Also ordered an new tinted windscreen. Going to paint the wheels red and repaint the bodywork in black satin. Should be ready in early spring........

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thanks. I wasn't sure if this forum was exclusively for legacy Supersports. I've always liked the originals.

For this bike I wanted a nice handling and comfy bike. In that regard, the bike exceptional. It could use more power.

·
Registered
285 Posts
There's a dealership not too far from me that has two NEW 900SS i.e., one 2000, one 1999 (half fairing)...thought you folks might wanna know...

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice bikes, can we see some more details and writeups on those 2 CRs, they look TrIcK!!!!
The yellow one is a 98' model (so says the title) with Corbin seat, F1 pipes, and some carbon fiber. Otherwise it is stock. The split paint (white, red stripe, green) bike is really a 99' Model 900ie SuperSport. A good friend was killed on this one and his widow gave me what was left of it. All that is left of the original bike is the motor, rear swingarm, rear brake, rear wheel, rear shock, most of the engine, the one muffler, and some of the wiring. The tank is from the square headlight SS, seat, carbon fenders, and race fairing are aftermarket (Airtech race parts). The fairing mount is a racing model which lowers the fairing about two inches. The exhaust is a two into one with a single Ducati Performance Carbon silencer. Tires are Michelin racing tires. Custom paint by David Ford. It took about a year to build this one.

·
Registered
4,814 Posts
So, I cribbed this pic from a story over at Pipeburn.com. Cool site...

And while I applaud the effort that went into building this homage to the black 1980 900SS, the end result looks like a minibike due to the proportions being...slightly off. What says the collective? What wouldja do different?

3781 - 3800 of 3842 Posts