Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3721 - 3740 of 3778 Posts

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I'm having second thoughts about the SL type solo seat. I think I'm getting used to this lower Corbin seat. I was afraid it would kink my knees too much, but I haven't had a problem. (Losing 35 lbs in the last 12 months helped too...)

She's slowly turning into a canyon or track ready weapon, just need to do some suspension tuning now.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
I'm having second thoughts about the SL type solo seat. I think I'm getting used to this lower Corbin seat. I was afraid it would kink my knees too much, but I haven't had a problem. (Losing 35 lbs in the last 12 months helped too...)

She's slowly turning into a canyon or track ready weapon, just need to do some suspension tuning now.

I like the look/profile of that seat. Looks very much like the 1980s AMA Superbike seats. Most of them were customized since commercial ones weren't really available.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,532 Posts
I like the look/profile of that seat. Looks very much like the 1980s AMA Superbike seats. Most of them were customized since commercial ones weren't really available.
Great shot of Klinzman's bike in front of Thad Wolff's Suzuki. 1982. First year I ever went to Daytona. Freddie won Superbike, Thad came 7th. Klinzman DNF'd...

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for the compliments! Would you believe I paid $5,500 for it? Would you also believe that I bought it from the 82 year old original owner with only 10k on the clock? And would be further believe that said 82 year old is still racing in the vintage class? You can tell from that how well cared for this man's motorcycles are. It was the steal of a lifetime. And I never knew you could even get these with a center stand. LOVE IT!

Oh, and a couple of quick fixes:

I'll confess I put the FBF slip-ons on. Believe it or not, FBF is still making these brand new and selling them on sale right now for around $700. Cheaper brand new alternative to the now impossible to find Termis. Eraldo Ferracci talked to me personally as I was getting them.
What a stud! See: https://www.ferracci.com/products/exhaust-ducati-900ss-92-97-round-pair-slip-ons-high-carbon-f33585?_pos=1&_sid=182d5ba5e&_ss=r

Also, Muddy60, I just got visited Australia over our winter... flew in to Sydney, and spent the lion's share of time in Melbourne. Love it! Cheers.

3721 - 3740 of 3778 Posts