Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3581 - 3600 of 3854 Posts

·
Premium Member
691 Posts
I just plastered these all over the various Supersport pages on Facebook, my apologies if you already saw them. I picked this bike up 3 years ago with JE Hi Compression pistons and FCR41's, it was otherwise a fully stock 94 CR. I'm almost wrapped up with where I want to go with it. There are a few more project parts in the garage that will go on this winter.

As it sits now, it's 397 lbs fully wet.

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
This is my '07 SS800. Just bought it with about 9,000 miles on her! Rides like a champ
Very nice. I like high mounted pipes. The 800 doesn't seem to get a lot of love for some reason. Personally the Pierre Terblanche styled bikes are my favorite. Even though the later versions like my 2006 and your 2007 are lower spec with steel swing arm etc., the pedigree is still there.

I've never had a bike that communicates to me in a way the 800SS does. At 58 years old I've come to the conclusion that it's a better bike than I am a rider. I love the fact that the chassis is capable of handling anything the engine can throw at it. All though it's not quick compared to some others I really enjoy going fast on it. It's taught me a lot about maintaining momentum and cornering speed. I have no need or desire for more power from my 800SS.

As you know they sound amazing with the Termi pipes which adds to the fun. Enjoy your new to you ride.

·
Sophomore Member
2,806 Posts
Thoroughly enjoying this bike. I got a good 150 miles in today. I need to go ahead and make it track only so it doesn't land me in jail. She seems to be unable to go <70 mph.

Attachments

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Hey Thomas, is there possibly a track day at Li’l Taledaga the first week in May. That would be a great warm up for the ECM. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Sophomore Member
2,806 Posts
The 2018 schedule isn't out yet, but STT goes to Little Tally a lot. If they are going then, you should take your 690.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Current state of project

Here is my '97 900SS/SP current condition is bare frame. With body work is mock-up before tear down. Seat with upholstery and new headers. Frame just about ready to powder coat.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
If you are asking about the headers, there is a slip joint for the rear cylinder section. The rest of the header is one piece.

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
The headers are from Ducati Aprilia Kaemna. I wish I could build like that! Oh, yes they are Silmoto pipes.

3581 - 3600 of 3854 Posts