Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3541 - 3560 of 3760 Posts

·
Señor Member
8,027 Posts
After a recent trip in the back of the truck through heavy rain the fairings are off for a thorough cleaning.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Velcro attached a temporary brake/tail light on the race fiberglass and went for a long satisfying ride. Larger windscreen, both taller and wider, really smooths out the wind at speed. Can't wait to get it on the track again.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Velcro attached a temporary brake/tail light on the race fiberglass and went for a long satisfying ride. Larger windscreen, both taller and wider, really smooths out the wind at speed. Can't wait to get it on the track again./QUOTE]

Don't you find it frustrating to ride the SS on the track? I tried my '99 SS a couple of times and got tired of being blown by on the straights. I purchased a 748R and solved that problem, with its much improved top end rush.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
The only track I like to run on is Inde, which has a zillion turns and constantly changing elevation with blind corners - just not interested in 180mph anymore. Doing the only straight on the course at 150 is the only place to relax, it is a real workout to get around it quickly.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The only track I like to run on is Inde, which has a zillion turns and constantly changing elevation with blind corners - just not interested in 180mph anymore. Doing the only straight on the course at 150 is the only place to relax, it is a real workout to get around it quickly.

Well, I do know that the SS has no issues braking or cornering with the best of them, especially on a tight course.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I noticed that my old picture of the Ducs in the garage has disappeared from this thread, so here it is again, done in my garage with lights off using a tripod with long exposure and a flashlight to "paint" with light.

Best regards

/ Valhall
Special, that's all I have to say.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
This video was done by another rider on my first trackday with my 900SS, only had it two months and that was after 20 years off from riding any motorcycle. The camera bike started just in front of me but he never caught up to me - I was running 2:21 laps.
In the video you can see how many turns are there, but you can't really get an idea of how hilly it is. You can see the track ahead disappears from view a lot! Every time back to the track since then, they added 4 more turns that start right after that long straight - you can see they have them blocked off with little traffic cones.

·
Registered
11 Posts
That bike looks like my 1993 900SS/SP and it came with black rims (ugh). I powderocated them a deep yellow. So, IMHO, i do not think it is stock w/regard to frame and rim color. It does look great however!

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
That bike looks like my 1993 900SS/SP and it came with black rims (ugh). I powderocated them a deep yellow. So, IMHO, i do not think it is stock w/regard to frame and rim color. It does look great however!
I bought mine from storage from Cagiva, first owner, bike number three. Corse slipper clutch, carbon fiber bits, Remus OEM fibre slipons, close ratio tranny. Yeah, it had a lot of the Corse catalog upgrades installed after it was rebuilt when the journalists were done flogging it in 1991. In a box since then, not stock and my credit card says it really is not stock now,...but the white frame/wheels was the original color scheme - the red shade is unique to the 91 early production models. Black Brembos, for instance, as well. Fully adjustable Showa forks with Ducati logo, they were tweaked for performance. No bolt or rubber/plastic bit on the bike showed any sign of use - it was a brand new showroom fresh 1991 Ducati 900SS when I bought it a year ago.

3541 - 3560 of 3760 Posts