Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

3181 - 3200 of 3778 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
first track day with our SS

It's been a relatively long journey from when we got her last fall for use on the track, to finding out about the bad valve guides, leaking tank, etc....

It was sooooo worth the wait! The GT1000 is a hoot on the track but the SS feels way more at home there. In turns it feels settled and solid compared to the GT and helped me feel more comfortable looking further and further through the turns as the day progressed. I didn't mind getting dusted in the straights because I felt confident I could reel most folks in in the turns.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Solo seat and OZ Racing wheels on a sunny day.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Very happy with the braking performance. I had to get the rear to match the front when I bought the wheels as it just wouldn't have been right. Only running the standard coffin masters with stainless braided lines - nice enough on the road to not need more. really only ever need two fingers for most braking. The rear is a bit better than the standard set-up. All rattle.

·
Registered
21 Posts
1994 900ss sp #047

This is my 900ss. What a joy to ride and maintain this bike. For anyone thinking of purchasing an older 900, do it. I have absolutely no regrets. I've added a solo seat that I purchased on this forum. Also added a 796M a few weeks ago. Totally hooked

·
Registered
3 Posts
750ss street fighter

Hi All,

New to the forum. I am working on a 750SS that I purchased for my wife last year. She didn't like riding with clip-ons so I am turning it into more of a monster/street fighter. I fabricated a 2 into 1 exhaust, instrument cluster, headlight brackets and a few other parts. Still needs paint but almost done for this year. Thought I would share a few pics and see what everyone thinks. I like it but I'm bias.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
ImageUploadedByMO Free1409686331.186730.jpg from Mendocino.

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409686458.592124.jpg
Standish Hickey

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409686567.370691.jpg
Leggett

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409686634.104928.jpg

ImageUploadedByMO Free1409686671.152556.jpg
Trinidad, ca

A couple of weeks ago I did a quick jaunt. Monterey up to Ashland, OR via I5.... Drone...

Stayed 2 nights in Ashland visiting my brother while he was going to bicycle school (UBI)

Then up to Medford, across Grants Pass into standish hickey, crescent city, Arcata, eureka, liggett, over to the coast into Mendocino, then down the coast back to Monterey.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

3181 - 3200 of 3778 Posts