Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2901 - 2920 of 3760 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Man, what a beauty. Every time I see these white framed SS's, I feel like painting mine. It looks just perfect.

A bad photo of my beloved bike, sitting outside my work:

It's a time machine, just past 2.000 miles!
Thanks!

2000 miles? Get out and ride! I've had this '92 since new and I've only got 24500 mi.

I wish I had better pics from the weekend ride.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks!

2000 miles? Get out and ride! I've had this '92 since new and I've only got 24500 mi.

I wish I had better pics from the weekend ride.
haha I'm trying to. We received the bike about 2 weeks ago with 1970 miles, but it's still winter here.

This morning it was 27F outside, but now we got 37F. This means I'm on the bike now :)

·
Registered
506 Posts
haha I'm trying to. We received the bike about 2 weeks ago with 1970 miles, but it's still winter here.

This morning it was 27F outside, but now we got 37F. This means I'm on the bike now :)
Good man! I should have done a better job of reading, I would have seen you're in the other hemisphere.

Winter will be here in 3 weeks, tops.
I'm getting my last rides in...

·
Registered
371 Posts
Enjoying a 1999 900 Supersport on the Oregon High Desert. A really fun bike for ORP.
Photo courtesy of xqsmephotography.com
Great pic and nice looking Duc! I hope to make it down to ORP next year. Made 7 sessions at the Ridge this summer. Always enjoy riding with other SS owners.

Regards,

Jeff

·
Registered
6 Posts
1995 Ducati 750SS

Here is my 1995 Ducati 750SS,
35,000km with Conti Pipes.
Have had it for 12 months and have done about 3000km on it.
Its my first Ducati. Very happy with it. Only issues have been with a dodgey brake switch.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The Ridge

Here's a pic of me and the 1000SS entering turn 6 at the Ridge Motorsports park. What a beautiful track.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you! It's Sharkskinz upper and lower for a 999. I love how it looks but it retains heat. I really want to mod the engine a bit, but I am concerned about how much more heat it will generate. Might upgrade the oil cooler this winter. I keep riding Supersports and then complain about being down on power...LOL.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Thank you! It's Sharkskinz upper and lower for a 999. I love how it looks but it retains heat. I really want to mod the engine a bit, but I am concerned about how much more heat it will generate. Might upgrade the oil cooler this winter. I keep riding Supersports and then complain about being down on power...LOL.
The 999 lower vents are designed to vent air away from the back of the radiator of the watercooled 4V engine. If you can find somebody to do custom fiberglass work, or can make a reasonable attempt at it yourself, reverse the vents (and possibly relocate them) so that they suck air towards the rear cylinder... you will see a dramatic drop in temp. Anything you do to that motor that increases hp will increase the amount of heat you need to dissipate. Putting a second oil cooler in up high will also help. Actually a 999 oil cooler, the trapezoidal shaped one, fits well and will drop your temp maybe 5 degrees celsius.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Thank you for the excellent info. I was already out in the garage this evening looking for places I could make some strategic cuts to open up the airflow. I also like the idea of a 2nd cooler as an option to upgrading the current one to a larger size. Want to get that sorted out before I spend money on head porting and pistons! :eek:

Best regards,

Jeff

2901 - 2920 of 3760 Posts