Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2881 - 2900 of 3778 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Awesome photo and fantastic looking bike.
Always loved them in yellow.
Actually I have just always loved ALL of the SS's........
:D:D:D

Cheers
Darryl
Thanks Darryl,

I am the third owner, about 18,000 on it. Got it from the general manager of the old Cliff's Cycle Revolution in CT. He adopted it after a customer did a trade back some time.

Down here in the Blue Ridge Mountains it is a very happy bike with a very happy owner. Love the torque, love the Desmo sound thru the Microns, love the jangle through the open clutch cover. Sooo....Ducati.:)

Best,

Cliff

·
Registered
49 Posts
VERY Nice! Where did you get / how did you cut the bikini fairing?
Thanks. It was a crashed trackday bike when I got it. I wanted CR fairings, but they were too expensive so I cut the wrecked stockers with my angle grinder. I tried to match the frame line.

I'd cut them a little differently if I was to do it again, but it came out OK.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Thanks BB, that's a beautiful view there out over the water...coast looks mighty nice for a ride on your SS.

I've been up on the Blue Ridge Parkway for rides last couple days. Supersports are ideal here in the mountains, lots of usable power and torque where and when you need it.
Cliff900, we happen to have mountains too, this was on the way to Mount Olympus last week-end. Your bang-on about the useable power and torque.
Cheers

Attachments

·
Registered
58 Posts
Photos of my Duc

Just finished a make over. Termis & FCRs installed. Pulled out the simple green and AP brush for that badly needed degreasing... Stopped for a hasty photo shoot.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
Looks fun, and the right color too! Took my beater for a short ride today and Im getting close to taking it on a long ride soon.
Cliff900, we happen to have mountains too, this was on the way to Mount Olympus last week-end. Your bang-on about the useable power and torque.
Cheers
Just finished a make over. Termis & FCRs installed. Pulled out the simple green and AP brush for that badly needed degreasing... Stopped for a hasty photo shoot.
Great looking half/bikini fairings out there! Can't wait to get my Kaemna fitted and finished...

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hey, how do you like that seat? It seems like its a little higher than stock right? Easy to mount and cut out for street brake light? Thanks.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I love the seat... rode on a 1500 mile road trip last summer with it and it wasn't unbearable. I believe it is supposed to be close to stock height, however it has less give than stock. I only have a 1/2 inch pad on it, plan to upgrade to 3/4 inch.

I'm not running a stock tail light, so no cutout. It wouldn't be hard to cut it out for the factory tail light, however the seat is designed to be used without the grab bar, so you would have to modify it or make a custom bracket to keep the stock tail. Also, when removing the grab bar, you have to make some brackets to attach the seat in the rear. I did so with dzus fasteners for ease of removal.

·
Registered
211 Posts
03 800SS ie

You've seen this before. I just got a new camera and was playing with it. Been wanting a DSLR for a long time but too cheap to pay. Nikon is running a promotion that I couldn't refuse. They lose a little resolution when resized for the web. The bottom one isn't a Ducati but it is a SuperSport and its mine.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Some pics of the Beartooth Highway/Chief Joseph ride this weekend.
Waiting to meet up:

Another, in the sunrise:

A fellow with a real nice "modified" ride:

...and that's it. I was busy riding, not taking pictures. There is video floating around somewhere.

2881 - 2900 of 3778 Posts