Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2661 - 2680 of 3815 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
My New Little 620

I just bought my little 620 Sport. I was not planning on buying another bike but for $600. I could not pass it up. It only had 1800 miles on it and has not been riden in 5 years. I had to clean & Caswell the tank new pump, filter, belts and oil change. I also bought some used high mount pipes. Grand Total $900.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just bought my little 620 Sport. I was not planning on buying another bike but for $600. I could not pass it up. It only had 1800 miles on it and has not been riden in 5 years. I had to clean & Caswell the tank new pump, filter, belts and oil change. I also bought some used high mount pipes. Grand Total $900.

I didn't know that the 600 came with twin front brake discs. The 750 here in the 'states only had one.

·
Registered
27 Posts
The 750 sport had single the supersport had 2. I have one of each model so that is what I see on um.
Ah, OK, thanks. I forgot there was a 750 Sport.

As for lights, I understand the tribute, but the plan stuck in the back of my head uses the Hella 90mm high and low beam pair in place of the big single light.
Susquehanna MotorSports - Auto Performance Product

I just ordered a pair, since they are on sale! :D

·
Premium Member
199 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
This is another twin head light setup:

I think all of these ideas are better than the oem setup. Plus, the Hellas are light weight! I can put that huge chunk of glass they call a headlamp on the shelf. I have a piece of carbon fiber for a mounting board. I just don't know if it's legal to have a plastic cover over the lights. The lights themselves are DOT approved, so no worries there. Obviously, I have one low beam and one high beam light.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Yea, I always thought Ducati goofed with the supersport headlight. Not so much the square version from the 90's machines, but the last generation of bikes for sure. It would have been easy to shape that fairing around a single or double round headlamp.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
These bikes were build as tributes to the original factory 24 Hour Bol' Dor endurance racers.

I notice the second one has period Marzocchi Forks, Brembo Brakes, fairing vent and Exhaust! Looks awesome. So you built a series of these?? Tell us more!

·
Premium Member
588 Posts
Yea, I always thought Ducati goofed with the supersport headlight. Not so much the square version from the 90's machines, but the last generation of bikes for sure. It would have been easy to shape that fairing around a single or double round headlamp.
Agree. It could have easily been updated and modernised. Like this.

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
looks very nice.
is that an SP with a short fairing?

2661 - 2680 of 3815 Posts