Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2621 - 2640 of 3844 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
Thanks', my seat and fairing came from 'Ricambi Weiss' in Germany for a total around 200 euro. Into the new year i will get a belly pan from them and let my paint guy do his magic.

I used to live just over the Forth Bridge from you, spent many a day cold and wet at Knockhill race track. Your bike will appreciate being naked!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Thanks', my seat and fairing came from 'Ricambi Weiss' in Germany for a total around 200 euro. Into the new year i will get a belly pan from them and let my paint guy do his magic.

I used to live just over the Forth Bridge from you, spent many a day cold and wet at Knockhill race track. Your bike will appreciate being naked!
I just took a look through their web site and found
Ricambi Weiss - ducati 900 ss ie DR164 DUCATI 750 900 SS TRACKDAY REAR SEAT FIBERGLASS DR164

I went through the check out process but on shipping got Please contact the seller and no invoice. Anybody know if they ship to the US of A? I'm looking for a way to contact them now but if they don't anybody into forward shipping a few pieces to the USA?

Maybe someone in the States sells this type of track day seat that I haven't found yet?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Ricambi Weiss have lots of great parts, but not only will they not sell to you, they won't answer your emails, or at least that's my experience. If anyone has had any luck with them in the US or Canada I would like to know how you did it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hi,

Try here, they are a bit more expensive but the tail comes with the seat and they don't sell junk. The guys there also speak English and answer their Emails.

Gray

·
Registered
566 Posts
I just took a look through their web site and found
Ricambi Weiss - ducati 900 ss ie DR164 DUCATI 750 900 SS TRACKDAY REAR SEAT FIBERGLASS DR164

I went through the check out process but on shipping got Please contact the seller and no invoice. Anybody know if they ship to the US of A? I'm looking for a way to contact them now but if they don't anybody into forward shipping a few pieces to the USA?

Maybe someone in the States sells this type of track day seat that I haven't found yet?
I'm happy to send at cost price but the shipping will be expensive to USA.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Latest photo and less than a day old. New Spark high mounts from Motowheels arrived and fitted today. Sound really nice and deep but I need a second opinion as to whether they are too loud or not. Get louder when on the gas.

About 3 kg lighter than the standard A04/B04 mufflers and no pillion pegs.

·
Premium Member
589 Posts
I need a second opinion as to whether they are too loud or not.
Don't be a Muppet, the louder they are the better; did your Mother not tell you this? LOUD pipes save lives. I am living proof.

SO: A: as loud as you can possibly get away with.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Don't be a Muppet, the louder they are the better.

SO: A: as loud as you can possibly get away with.
I'll take that as a second opinion then. But if I venture north to Victoria I will be putting modified db killers in. They are no way as loud as the Harleys or as obnoxious as the inline fours. I'll just have to change the way I think and the mouthy tourists can go home. That was the last time a comment about the noise was made - another in the same place quietly said to ignore him as it sounded good - that was with the Ducati Performance low mounts and these sound about the same.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Latest photo and less than a day old. New Spark high mounts from Motowheels arrived and fitted today. Sound really nice and deep but I need a second opinion as to whether they are too loud or not. Get louder when on the gas.

About 3 kg lighter than the standard A04/B04 mufflers and no pillion pegs.

those pipes look great. just the right angle and height.
i really like the brackets. did they come with the pipes?

·
Registered
733 Posts
Bracket that is fitted to the muffler was included. The one on the frame I bought off eBay a few months ago but it looks like Motowheels has them as there is an option to add them when you buy the pipes.

One other thing is the rubber damper - I cut the old originals in half as they are wide enough. That part of the bracket is a lot thicker that the original. The SL rubbers are 2 half parts but this works and I'll either buy a few for an SS or a pair to fit SL.

Went for a blast yesterday and they do sound nice. Very deep proper Ducati sound like rolling thunder. Saw that in a magazine years ago when an old Italian farmer was asked what he thought of Ducatis.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have the Spark low mounts on my 03. I like the fact that they use factory type mounting brackets instead of cheap looking band clamps. I rode around for a couple of weeks and decided they were just a bit too loud for me. Too much roaring on the overrun. It was annoying me a little and I figure it must be annoying those people in the houses I drove by. There is nothing in the motorcyclist's code that says you can't be considerate of others. I put the DB killers in and it was too quiet for me and I could tell the motor was running a bit rich for my PC settings. I drilled a hole in the end of the DB killers and went for another ride. Kept enlarging it until it seemed just right. I think I ended up with a 3/8" hole. Sounded great and ran great.

2621 - 2640 of 3844 Posts