Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2521 - 2540 of 3760 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Pretty certain its an s2r. if you look at pictures of the s2r and even s4r some of them run this swingarm. Its single sided you must be getting some other swingarm mixed up. I looked up Verlicchi swingarms and all of them are dual sided.
Yeah, but you have a dual side swingarm fitted in your pics - which looks VERY similar to the Verlicchi unit that I have (2nd pic I posted) on my 900. That's why I got interested, and Googled S2R - and got the 1st pic I posted from the 'Images for S2R'. S4R search gets me similar results - different pictures...

Sorry - NOT trying to be picky - just confused. I do confused quite often...

BTW - What's the seat you've got on it? Corbin? Looks comfy!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yeah, but you have a dual side swingarm fitted in your pics - which looks VERY similar to the Verlicchi unit that I have (2nd pic I posted) on my 900. That's why I got interested, and Googled S2R - and got the 1st pic I posted from the 'Images for S2R'. S4R search gets me similar results - different pictures...

Sorry - NOT trying to be picky - just confused. I do confused quite often...

BTW - What's the seat you've got on it? Corbin? Looks comfy!
I have a single sided swingarm fitted. Im confused! You must be getting my bike mixed with one of the others, I dont see what you're seeing. I have a sergeant seat

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
I have a single sided swingarm fitted. Im confused! You must be getting my bike mixed with one of the others, I dont see what you're seeing. I have a sergeant seat

ROFL. :D Oh FCUK! Yep - wrong bike! :eek: damn - I was looking at Throttlejock's bike pics - and managed to get my wires crossed and got you instead! Sorry about the confusion.

OK - THROTTLEJOCK - where did YOU get your swingarm and seat from?

·
Registered
171 Posts
ROFL. :D Oh FCUK! Yep - wrong bike! :eek: damn - I was looking at Throttlejock's bike pics - and managed to get my wires crossed and got you instead! Sorry about the confusion.

OK - THROTTLEJOCK - where did YOU get your swingarm and seat from?
Hi Steve, the swingarm's just the stock steel CR arm, and the seat is a Corbin unit, I see 'em on eBay from time to time

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
Hi Steve, the swingarm's just the stock steel CR arm, and the seat is a Corbin unit, I see 'em on eBay from time to time
Thanks for that. Now the confusions sorted out... :) Your steel swingarm is almost a match for the Verlicchi alloy unit I bought for mine - to replace the original alloy one which cracked. I can recommend the Ohlins - had mine on a year or so now - made a huge difference! Better handling, and more comfortable to the point of several hundred kms more riding before the old 'numb bum' sets in. Particularly once I backed off the compression damping a bit. I've got springs to go in the front as well, next time I get around to doing the fork oil... I think the seat will be low on my list - I get by with a lambskin for rides > 500km. Plus I've not long converted to a dual seat so I can take my boys for a ride, and the dual seat is quite a bit softer than the SL solo seat.
Those pipes on yours look kinda loud though! You get much hassle from the law because of them?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just got the 620 mile service done on her. Here she is with some mods:

Ducati Performance by Remus carbon fiber exhaust with DP ECU
Ducati Performance carbon fiber sprocket cover
Ducati Perfornance billet fork adjusters
Yoyodyne clutch slave cylinder
Fast by Ferracci bar risers
TPO manual kickstand bolt
TPO stealth license plate bracket w/ stealth turn signal mounts
Shift-Tech carbon fiber license plate frame

More parts to order during the winter. Still debating if I want a open or closed clutch cover, Sargent seat, 14t sprocket, ect.

Attachments

·
Registered
371 Posts
This is a crappy cell phone pic, but here are my two girls. The track Duc just got an EVR slipper. Almost feel bad putting a clutch cover on it, it's so nice looking.

Regards,

Jeff

Attachments

·
Registered
926 Posts
OK, I had to share this. I crashed my bike in July and finally got it riding again. This area is called Little Switzerland and it is insane. Just outside of Portland, OR.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Thanks for that. Now the confusions sorted out... :)
Those pipes on yours look kinda loud though! You get much hassle from the law because of them?
They are definitely loud, but not any louder than a harley with straight pipes, which are very common around here (NC), so I haven't ever gotten hassled. Having said that, I feel like a giant douchebag every time I ride into my neighborhood and have gotten to the point where I kill the engine and coast in the last 2 blocks. So I've got an old Staintune for a 750 that I'm going to hack up a bit, maybe do a little homemade spaghetti action with and get installed.

·
Premium Member
2,468 Posts
They are definitely loud, but not any louder than a harley with straight pipes, which are very common around here (NC), so I haven't ever gotten hassled. Having said that, I feel like a giant douchebag every time I ride into my neighborhood and have gotten to the point where I kill the engine and coast in the last 2 blocks. So I've got an old Staintune for a 750 that I'm going to hack up a bit, maybe do a little homemade spaghetti action with and get installed.
Lol. I get what you mean about Harley's. When I put the SMI system on my bike, it came with 'dB Killer' inserts, to cut the noise down to 95dB. Made them quieter than the stock pipes. However, our silly laws in NZ don't allow you to have 'easily removable' baffles in your exhaust - so out they came (remove circlip, pull baffle). Now a bit noisier than stock... Then off to get a WOF (Warrent of Fitness) - basic mechanical safety and compliance check that's due every 6 months - done, thinking "Hmm, wonder if this will pass?". I needn't have worried - there was a guy there with a Harley (mate of mine as it turned out) getting his bike checked. It made mine sound quiet! Passed with no problems. And it was at a government certified testing station - not 'Joe Bloggs dodgy bike shop/garage'... So if the cops pull me up for the noise - I've already got the 'right' sticker! :cool:

An unexpected bonus is that it's actually quieter at 100-110kph (65-70mph) than the stock pipe now!

And I also get where you're at about coasting in to your neighbourhood. Done that in the past with a couple of bikes... :D

·
Registered
171 Posts
A couple of updated pics, now with the Staintune headers & pipes. It looks better I think. Definitely sounds better. Now the clutch and the open airbox make more noise than the exhaust. I gave up some HP's though, for sure. Torque is good but it doesn't rip thru the midrange as hard as it did. Gonna tweak with the fueling a bit to see if I can get some of that back if I lean it out a smidge.

·
Registered
433 Posts
A couple of updated pics, now with the Staintune headers & pipes. It looks better I think. Definitely sounds better. Now the clutch and the open airbox make more noise than the exhaust. I gave up some HP's though, for sure. Torque is good but it doesn't rip thru the midrange as hard as it did. Gonna tweak with the fueling a bit to see if I can get some of that back if I lean it out a smidge.

Love this setup you have here, very unique.

Just curious, what kind of paint did you use on the cylinders and cylinder heads?

·
Registered
433 Posts
Thank you! I've had fun with it. I really like these 2V's.

The heads and jugs are powder coated, the case is just engine paint.
Interesting.. Im not too familiar with these supersport engines. I can tell they are air cooled, whats engine temperature range on these? I'm thinking of doing something like this on my 748 heads, but not sure if the Powder coat can withstand the heat.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Interesting.. Im not too familiar with these supersport engines. I can tell they are air cooled, whats engine temperature range on these? I'm thinking of doing something like this on my 748 heads, but not sure if the Powder coat can withstand the heat.
Yeah the heads are air cooled and jugs are oil cooled on these bikes.

Cure temp on regular powder coat is around 400 degrees, and your motor won't (shouldn't!) ever be getting anywhere near that range. Water cooled motor won't get ANYWHERE near it.

I was worried about the same thing, and was also concerned about it affecting the cooling properties of the finned heads, but did some research and as it turns out those worries are unfounded. It's held up great, and folks have been powdercoating engines for ages. For example, the wrinkle-coat on Harley heads. Powder.

Just don't go any thicker with it than you need to.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Yeah the heads are air cooled and jugs are oil cooled on these bikes.

Cure temp on regular powder coat is around 400 degrees, and your motor won't (shouldn't!) ever be getting anywhere near that range. Water cooled motor won't get ANYWHERE near it.

I was worried about the same thing, and was also concerned about it affecting the cooling properties of the finned heads, but did some research and as it turns out those worries are unfounded. It's held up great, and folks have been powdercoating engines for ages. For example, the wrinkle-coat on Harley heads. Powder.

Just don't go any thicker with it than you need to.
Thats fantastic news!! Now I feel comfortable going in this direction.

Many Thanks!!

·
Registered
252 Posts

Really like those pipes, I have Staintunes on my Falco and like their quality. I've always thought standard SS pipes were a little too wide at the end but the profile of yours looks great, half way between std and those of a bevel 900ss maybe. Thanks for posting the pics.

2521 - 2540 of 3760 Posts