Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
current Ducatis '00 748s, 93 900ss
154 Posts
wow. haven't seen one in years and 2 in the same month. there are not enough of them in existence to have this actually signify anything but statistically amazing.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I like the seat unit/tank infil better on this than I do on the 748/996/8 ect.

it just look more.....refined....I think anyway....probably wasn’t possible due to technical reasons like frame flex or something 😂

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I like the seat unit/tank infil better on this than I do on the 748/996/8 ect.

it just look more.....refined....I think anyway....probably wasn’t possible due to technical reasons like frame flex or something 😂
It's not an infill, that is a one piece carbon fibre subframe assembly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Could have bought a ‘new’ one a few years ago for half the price.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Could have bought a ‘new’ one a few years ago for half the price.
it's not a real one though.

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
740 Posts
Hedgefund guys are getting nervous about their shorts on GME,...
This is exactly my thought process. Get ready for a bunch of former rich folks to unload their assets so you can use 1% of one GME share to buy a v4sp. 401ks will no longer exist by the end of October, so it’ll be a buyers market until a new stock exchange(NFT based, which will be fundamentally impossible to manipulate) replaces the criminal house of cards that is collapsing in real time. 2008 crashed at 8% inflation, real numbers at this point in time point to about 13%, but only 5.3% was reported, which makes you wonder why all those insiders fled the market at its peak for “ethical reasons”. First thing I was taught in an upper level business ethics course at a prominent business school: there is “no such thing as business ethics”(literally word for word).

don’t wanna make this political, but I definitely feel bad for the vast majority who are being fed lies and are about to lose their houses and life savings, all while ruining it all for the next generation, who will end up having to fix all the problems the boomers who never learned to think for themselves :,(

but since I’m in on GME, I’ll snatch up a sfv4 when I move to Italy after GameStop takes over amazons market position and shares go into the millions, which is a relative certainty if you take the time to look at the numbers.

NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE(legal reasons)

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
563 Posts
Prolly blasphemy to some but these really don’t do much for me...this from a Kiwi allowing for the Robert Holden connection.

I dunno, it just seems like an overly complex solution to an obscure race class (these days). Maybe it’s just that the class never really took off Downunder?

They’re pretty ‘n all, but if I can’t use it I’m not that interested (even I’m not dumb enough to thrash one of 65 as intended).

And as I found with a Husky FS650 motard, as brilliant fun as they are in the corners you soon find out just how far apart the corners are, lol.

Not saying I don’t like ‘em, but for all the “ooh aah” about ‘em there are a lot more motorcycles above it on my wishlist (XLR8’s Picotte bike? Now there’s something that puts lead in my pencil...)

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Not saying I don’t like ‘em, but for all the “ooh aah” about ‘em there are a lot more motorcycles above it on my wishlist (XLR8’s Picotte bike? Now there’s something that puts lead in my pencil...)
Not to knock the Supermono (I think they’re great) but there is nothing else like the 996RS and 998RS bikes. They’re in a league of their own. Especially to ride. Obviously I don’t own the Picotte bike anymore but I have Scott Russell’s 2001 996RS from HMC Ducati (same chassis as the picotte bike) and it’s an absolutely amazing bike to ride. Just the sensations and flood of feelings you get is unlike any other Ducati race bike.

The only wild card is that I have Alessandro Gramigni’s 1996 AMA Fast by Ferracci 916 Corsa which won multiple rounds. Ferracci loaded it with parts from the WSBK team. I have never ridden it. It needs a good going through but I will do it and ride it’s some point in the next 18 months. I suspect it would be another very epic bike to ride and the one bike that would come close to the 996RS/998RS bikes.

·
Registered
587 Posts
First thing I was taught in an upper level business ethics course at a prominent business school: there is “no such thing as business ethics”(literally word for word).
LOL!!! I got my MBA from a top 10 school and I distinctly remember first day of class I asked the prof if "business ethics" was an oxymoron. Needless to he was not impressed or amused.

Reactions: seven4niner

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
563 Posts
Not to knock the Supermono (I think they’re great) but there is nothing else like the 996RS and 998RS bikes. They’re in a league of their own. Especially to ride. Obviously I don’t own the Picotte bike anymore but I have Scott Russell’s 2001 996RS from HMC Ducati (same chassis as the picotte bike) and it’s an absolutely amazing bike to ride. Just the sensations and flood of feelings you get is unlike any other Ducati race bike.

The only wild card is that I have Alessandro Gramigni’s 1996 AMA Fast by Ferracci 916 Corsa which won multiple rounds. Ferracci loaded it with parts from the WSBK team. I have never ridden it. It needs a good going through but I will do it and ride it’s some point in the next 18 months. I suspect it would be another very epic bike to ride and the one bike that would come close to the 996RS/998RS bikes.
“Epic”....what a great word,...and perfectly summarises your awesome bikes (is it a sin to lust after another man’s bikes?)

It also perfectly condenses the feelings I’m looking for these days (especially for Supermono money). I reckon a TZ250 would be “epic”, and my 749R ticked more boxes than my previous Yoshi’d GSXR1000 superbike, so it’s not all about pure horsepower.

But fitting a 999RS engine to my 749R gave a glimpse into a world I didn’t know existed....I mean it’s just another 250cc right?

Wrong!

I had hoped for a 749R on steroids, but holy shit, I was not expecting how smooth, how weightless, it felt. And I was only running a conservative (wallet friendly) 170rwhp redline.

I can only imagine how that same level of attention, basically s Motogp-spec L-twin, must feel applied to chassis and suspension etc

Add some genuine race provenance, knowing you are sitting on what Eraldo himself fettled? Where Picotte/Russel/Gramigni sat? It’s the stuff of dreams.

·
Premium Member
6,165 Posts
Prolly blasphemy to some but these really don’t do much for me...
I feel exactly the same...

There was always something about Terblanche's designs that I found a little off putting, and this one definitely falls into that camp. Like its younger Terblanche siblings, it looks absolutely stunning with its clothes off. That bodywork however, at least for me, is utterly devoid of sex appeal, and that's a shame because the overall build quality and variety of materials used in the rolling chassis are exquisitely executed.

·
Premium Member
1,228 Posts
Add some genuine race provenance, knowing you are sitting on what Eraldo himself fettled? Where Picotte/Russel/Gramigni sat? It’s the stuff of dreams.
There is so much truth in that right there.

To be honest, people who haven’t experience it downplay it but that which you’re describing is actually quite a substantial part of it. There is a lot magic in riding the bike that those guys rode. Especially when they retain all or almost all of the original parts that contribute directly to the experience.

it’s hard to describe but I have a 996RS that’s a pierobon RS frame and built from RS spares and while it’s an incredible bike to ride, it doesn’t have the same magic that the Russell bike does. Again, it’s easy to downplay this sort of thing but riding the exact bike that someone like Scott Russell piloted back in the day with the same setup he used is really a special feeling.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is exactly my thought process. Get ready for a bunch of former rich folks to unload their assets so you can use 1% of one GME share to buy a v4sp. 401ks will no longer exist by the end of October, so it’ll be a buyers market until a new stock exchange(NFT based, which will be fundamentally impossible to manipulate) replaces the criminal house of cards that is collapsing in real time. 2008 crashed at 8% inflation, real numbers at this point in time point to about 13%, but only 5.3% was reported, which makes you wonder why all those insiders fled the market at its peak for “ethical reasons”. First thing I was taught in an upper level business ethics course at a prominent business school: there is “no such thing as business ethics”(literally word for word).

don’t wanna make this political, but I definitely feel bad for the vast majority who are being fed lies and are about to lose their houses and life savings, all while ruining it all for the next generation, who will end up having to fix all the problems the boomers who never learned to think for themselves :,(

but since I’m in on GME, I’ll snatch up a sfv4 when I move to Italy after GameStop takes over amazons market position and shares go into the millions, which is a relative certainty if you take the time to look at the numbers.

NOT FINANCIAL ADVICE(legal reasons)
Yes that's what I'm thinking ..............

Ciao:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts