Registered
209 Posts
This is the low key US distributor.

T.A.W. VEHICLE CONCEPT

T.A.W. Vehicle Concept
13401 West 43rd Dr. Unit 11 - Golden, CO 80403
Ph. 303 456 5544 - Fax 303 456 5549
website www.tawvehicle.com

Bad website, but they used to carry the button kits for only about $20 a disc. Good also for converting a semi floating disc set up. I bought 2 sets about 5 years ago.

Cheers,

·
Registered
136 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Wobbly, since you're a JAFA you might want to check out F1 engineering in Hamilton (F1 Motorcycle works Online) - they say they can fabricate new centres and they come highly recomended on Kiwbiker (where I know you hang out).

Cheers, Rob.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Was lucky enough to get offered some well priced second hand cast iron rotors and discs from a US based wrecker that are apparently in good nick. When I take off the old ones I might take them to a machine shop and see if I can get the carriers and the discs milled to take larger buttons so I have a spare set.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Wobbly, since you're a JAFA you might want to check out F1 engineering in Hamilton (F1 Motorcycle works Online) - they say they can fabricate new centres and they come highly recomended on Kiwbiker (where I know you hang out).

Cheers, Rob.
Thanks for this suggestion. I had a talk to Steve there and they offer a service where they repair the aluminium rotors.

It seems from the couple of sets that I have examined that the aluminium centre carriers are not hard anodised (apparently you can't hard anodise in gold) and the hard anodised full floating buttons wear and ovalise the 'half holes' in the disk carrier. The buttons themselves do not wear and nor do the 'half 'holes' in the cast iron disks

F1 engineering here in New Zealand build up the aluminium on the carriers (by welding) and then re machine them to take the original buttons and then re anodise the disks. You have the option at this point in having them hard anodised in black or gold. You could even have them hard anodised and then paint them gold.

I am also exploring the costs of getting a small production run of new carriers made. I will start another thread for this to gauge interest.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts