Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spooned off a brand new set of SP's off one set of my wheels and noticed something strange. The date of manufacture code shows "5007". Can that be correct? Made in the year '07!? The reason I ask is because I was under the impression that the SP's were introduced after '11?.

Anyone know when these were introduced?
Size 190/55 (not the 200/55's from the Panigale's)

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
You most likely made a small mistake with the number. It should be 0507 (05 as month and 07 as year) or do they print week numbers? Than your 5007 is correct. Looks like Ducati made a cheap deal with Pirelli! A Ducati dealer had 70% discount on all parts (including tires) a few weeks back. I looked for the SP tires, but they too had an 07 year number, so I did not bought them.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
nope first two digits are week of production last two digits are year.

So his tire would've been made 50th week of year 2007

You most likely made a small mistake with the number. It should be 0507 (05 as month and 07 as year) or do they print week numbers? Than your 5007 is correct. Looks like Ducati made a cheap deal with Pirelli! A Ducati dealer had 70% discount on all parts (including tires) a few weeks back. I looked for the SP tires, but they too had an 07 year number, so I did not bought them.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
What bike did they come off? What year?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What bike did they come off? What year?
It's totally feasible the tires are indeed five years old. The tires came off an '08 R that was a brand new left over that never sold till recently.

What confused me was that I thought the SP's came out after 2010. Looks like that is not the case.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Dennie. Appreciate the feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts