Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone remember the link, or at least the name, of the kit that turns a xx98 into a Naked bike? I think the name of the company started with a "V" or maybe it was the kit name.

·
Premium Member
553 Posts

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Yeah, the headlights are on the side. The holes in front are for the air intake. I don't know the cost. Probably pretty steep given that the kit includes a fuel tank. Not sure I want to go that far, but I ran across this thread when searching for ideas to make a streetfighter version of the 999.

Sent from my DROID4 using Motorcycle.com App

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Here's a picture of what i did to make a naked out of a crashed 999s.
Nice! Got any pics of the left side? That mess of wires in and out of the battery box would be my main concern. I think it would be too exposed to the elements without a fairing and you'd have to relocate the battery and ECU. Not sure I possess that level of ingenuity or excess time...

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Ducseeker, do the desmo conversion!

Don't want to look like a triumph or a gixxer now do yah? ;) :p
Cool, but that will remain merely possible, not feasible.

The CF set isn't bad though $1400 for the nose, side panels and belly pan. Not sure I'd like the dark panels with the red tank. I suppose you could always get them painted Ducati red, but it would be a shame to cover up that pretty glossy CF...
Ducati - Ducati 999/749 Carbon Fibre Full Fairing - Factory style, includes side deflectors - World of QB Carbon - Carbon Fibre for Motorcycles

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Trust me, you would almost never want to take the bike outside. Even though it says it has a UV layer on it, that pretty CF does not stay pretty very long.
True. I had a CF fender on my '98 900SS FE and it was pretty badly faded when I sold it last year.

Actually, I got a very detailed quote from Andrew Swenson today and I'm 95% sure that's the way I'm going to go. He can source Sharkskinz at a discount and do the paint. The whole package will cost $1000 less than ordering the EO parts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts