Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
6641 - 6660 of 6664 Posts

·
Registered
'06 S2R 1100 Custom, '12 SF 1040
837 Posts
Thanks mate, kind words!
You can’t unsee talent! These bikes are works of art and the ability to capture them in their full beauty will skillful photography just adds to that beauty.
I’m a shit photographer but have all these bikes that could get thousands of likes on Instagram(if I cared about those types of things) if I had a better eye and maybe some photography training.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Awesome! Dress warm it's going to be 37 degrees. Pretty dang cold. I usually only go on Mondays. It was 50 degrees this week it was nice but it can be hard to get good heat into the rubber. That pic was taken the first trip on my 999. I find that my modified 1198s to be a far superior ride especially on that road. Be careful Tom but let it rip!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Awesome! Dress warm it's going to be 37 degrees. Pretty dang cold. I usually only go on Mondays. It was 50 degrees this week it was nice but it can be hard to get good heat into the rubber. That pic was taken the first trip on my 999. I find that my modified 1198s to be a far superior ride especially on that road. Be careful Tom but let it rip!!
Yep - I had a thermal base layer on and stayed warm enough - but my hands were chilly (of course) with my normal sport/race gloves. I took it super-easy my first couple of runs and once the tires and I got up to temperature I got to know the bike a little better. I was pretty impressed, but was glad I have a widely-adjustable clutch lever since it started getting spongy when things heated up. The bike kept warning me of ice when ambient temp was 35-37 degrees, so that was kind of amusing. The road was mostly nice & clear, though.

·
Premium Member
54 Posts
Yep - I had a thermal base layer on and stayed warm enough - but my hands were chilly (of course) with my normal sport/race gloves. I took it super-easy my first couple of runs and once the tires and I got up to temperature I got to know the bike a little better. I was pretty impressed, but was glad I have a widely-adjustable clutch lever since it started getting spongy when things heated up. The bike kept warning me of ice when ambient temp was 35-37 degrees, so that was kind of amusing. The road was mostly nice & clear, though.
Hi Tom. Sounds like you had a nice though chilly ride. I always get a bit paranoid once the temps drop going around shady corners, I have encountered frost in the past. There is one particular corner that spooks me a bit no matter the season. There's also a straight area where I was lunged at by a bear 2 years ago and I can't seem to get over it.

6641 - 6660 of 6664 Posts