Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6521 - 6540 of 6551 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Very nice bike ferraci984! You and i have been drinking from the same Coolaid bottle!
What exactly do you have going on engine wise besides the bump in capacity?
Even though mine says still says 996 it's 1026, or will be, like yours ( I just got my lightened, balanced SS crank back from Mr. Fox a couple of weeks ago )
IMG_0824.jpg

·
Registered
14 Posts
Here is my 996/1098 conversion.
I hope you guys like it, obviously not one for the purists.
If you are interested in 916 series bikes with engine conversions please have a look at my FB group.
101588565_3658225487540269_6370445142972694528_o.jpg

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ferracci built it back in the day. 54mm dual throttle bodies, 54mm full exhaust, Corse cases, Close ratio Corse tranny, Pankl Ti Rods, Ferracci 68mm Power crankshaft, big valves, G cams, Full porting, magnesium wheels, GP calipers, yadda yadda...the whole enchalada. Back in 1999 the bill was like $17k for just the engine work! Still runs great.

"Very nice bike ferraci984! You and i have been drinking from the same Coolaid bottle!
Even though mine says still says 996 it's 1026, or will be, like yours ( I just got my lightened, balanced SS crank back from Mr. Fox a couple of weeks ago ) "

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Ferracci built it back in the day. 54mm dual throttle bodies, 54mm full exhaust, Corse cases, Close ratio Corse tranny, Pankl Ti Rods, Ferracci 68mm Power crankshaft, big valves, G cams, Full porting, magnesium wheels, GP calipers, yadda yadda...the whole enchalada. Back in 1999 the bill was like $17k for just the engine work! Still runs great.

"Very nice bike ferraci984! You and i have been drinking from the same Coolaid bottle!
Even though mine says still says 996 it's 1026, or will be, like yours ( I just got my lightened, balanced SS crank back from Mr. Fox a couple of weeks ago ) "
That is indeed, the whole enchalada! Pretty entertaining enchalada to ride, I imagine, with those G cams and big valves providing a solid, high rpm kick in the pants! That must be at least mid 140s hp at the wheel?
Mine is similar, but the more road biased, budget version; lightened/balanced SS crank, Carillo rods instead of ti Pankl, Pistal pistons, SPS cams, standard valves with mild port and polish of heads, along with light flywheel, clutch, primary gear. Not quite finished though! Should be all buttoned up by mid April at the latest.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
View attachment 1004427
Forgot to mention, this has 10,545 miles on the clock.
This is such a lovely bike!
I mean, of course it is, it's a near perfect example of the original 916.
From a personal perspective though, the more I modify my bike from stock, and I really love and need to do what I've done to my 996, but the further I take it from stock the more I also want a near stock example in my garage along side my highly modified 996.
Especially an all red example like this, no number plates, minimal carbon, boat anchor 3 spoke wheels cuz they might be heavy but they do look so damn period good..!
Anyway, when my bike is done in a few weeks time I'm going to start saving my pennies for an early 748 in whatever condition that I'll restore to near stock condition. A perfect compliment to my over the top, race inspired 1026

6521 - 6540 of 6551 Posts