Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

6501 - 6520 of 6548 Posts

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R, 06 999.
356 Posts
Do tell us about the bike. I see the swingarm. What else am I looking at? I love it.
1098 swingarm, suspension and brakes. Exhaust is custom. Some custom carbon bits here and there. Not much left stock on that bike. Will be even less when I'm done with it over the winter. Have a GripOne ISide TC and data logger ready for install, will be redoing the rear lights, leaning towards a Translogic QS. That's about it. Was an impulse buy while watching Moto3 a week ago. Came up for sale, went to see it and bought it in 2 hours. 😂

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
Here is a pic of me on one of my 748RS’s a couple of days ago. This was from when Ducati ran a factory team in World Supersport and it is such a special bike. It’s a true Ducati Corse bike even though they had to keep some things from the street bike. I have one that’s still completely stock from World Supersport which will remain stock but this one is going yto get the longer magnesium swingarm to go with the revised triples. The third one is set up like that and it makes such a difference.
2B0C0C1C-25D9-4740-8E70-20FEBD278F89.jpeg

·
Registered
1993 750SS
337 Posts
I never
Here is a pic of me on one of my 748RS’s a couple of days ago. This was from when Ducati ran a factory team in World Supersport and it is such a special bike. It’s a true Ducati Corse bike even though they had to keep some things from the street bike. I have one that’s still completely stock from World Supersport which will remain stock but this one is going yto get the longer magnesium swingarm to go with the revised triples. The third one is set up like that and it makes such a difference.
View attachment 997288
Nice bike 👍🏼 I didn't know Ducati Corse ran an orange livery. Or is it the light?

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
I never

Nice bike 👍🏼 I didn't know Ducati Corse ran an orange livery. Or is it the light?
They didn’t run an orange livery. It was delivered by Ducati Corse to one of the privateer teams in 2001 and has gone through some paint jobs. It was repainted some years ago this orange and I don’t know if I love it. I have to repaint it soon.

I should clarify that I meant that all of the 748RS bikes were built by Ducati Corse and then delivered to the various teams via the network . As opposed to being something like a 748R that was built by Ducati Motor. It’s just a really different bike. It sounds different and rides very differently.

I have Ruben Xaus’ spares package from his year with the Ducati Corse factory team in world supersport and will probably put some of those parts on this bike as I redo it. I have his back up frame too from pierobon but that will hopefully never get used.

Reactions: LA2SD

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
just eye candy

Reactions: killjoy

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
View attachment 997288
That looks alot like the GSE racing colors from Team INS--Neil Hodgson & Neil McKenzie rode for that team around 2000. one of my best friends his brother in law owned Team INS & GSE racing

·
Registered
1,822 Posts

Reactions: alphaoctane

·
Premium Member
1,151 Posts
That looks alot like the GSE racing colors from Team INS--Neil Hodgson & Neil McKenzie rode for that team around 2000. one of my best friends his brother in law owned Team INS & GSE racing
Yes, we don't know exactly which team got it but it may have come from them because it was brought in by Jeff Nash at AMS Ducati who used to bring a lot of the RS and Corse bikes from BSB and other series. Also, the orange and white paint is the same single stage paint and color they would have used and it's still on the original Ducati Corse carbon fairings. But I don't remember if they ran a bike in the Supersport series which its what the 748RS bikes ran in.

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
I dont know if they ran a Supersport series bike they did BSB & also WSB.

6501 - 6520 of 6548 Posts