Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
699 Posts
Would that be a Scott oiler running along the left hand side of the swing arm or something else?

Not seen that before.
That is correct. A Scottoiler MK7 the first owner had installed when he bought the bike. Been debating removing it as I'm not a huge fan but it's stayed on for now.

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
699 Posts
Do tell us about the bike. I see the swingarm. What else am I looking at? I love it.
1098 swingarm, suspension and brakes. Exhaust is custom. Some custom carbon bits here and there. Not much left stock on that bike. Will be even less when I'm done with it over the winter. Have a GripOne ISide TC and data logger ready for install, will be redoing the rear lights, leaning towards a Translogic QS. That's about it. Was an impulse buy while watching Moto3 a week ago. Came up for sale, went to see it and bought it in 2 hours. 😂

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
699 Posts
Well, at the risk of pissing off the Ducatistis who feel I am trampling on Mr. Tamburini's divine creation and messing up the transcendant, perfect lines with junky decals....

Well, here you go. My take on a "Shell" sponsored bike. All the red flashes are hand cut. Just need a few more premade sponsor decals that are too hard to do by hand, and Im all set. The decals are mostly very strategically placed to cover a horde of scrapes, scratches, and parking lot rash. In short, the paint job is wasted anyway, and further, not original.

Apologies in advance if I offend anyone's Italian sensibilities and taste. I like race bikes. View attachment 1009658 View attachment 1009657

View attachment 1009659
View attachment 1009660
I like it! Nothing better than doing it to your own liking. Never understood the point in keeping something original. That's for the museums to do. I prefer looking at the small personal nuances to every build, not looking at the same bike over and over with different license plates where the only other difference is how little it's been used to keep it in mint condition.

Buy it, use it, change it to your liking. It's the way!

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
699 Posts
Bought this two days ago and spent the first day just cleaning..The bike runs perfectly except for a slightly grabby clutch leaving the stoplight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
So envious! Love the yellow 999. Only one I'm currently missing. Yellow fairings for one of them is on the top of my list currently. Enjoy an amazing bike;

·
Registered
06 999R RAD02, 06 999R
699 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts