Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What kind of milage are you getting on your 1098 or 1198?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have an 07 1098 with a PCIII and a Kyle map. I had told Dan that I ride a lot of distance on the bike so he leaned it out a bit in the cruise rpm range. I typically get about 43 mpg in mixed riding and I've seen 48 mpg cruising long distance at 70-75 mph. On one ride with some friends on their Harleys I got 53 mpg but they were only running a leisurely 65 mph. I have seen a low of 36 mpg when riding harder.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My 2011 1198 only has about 2000 miles on it right now so the motors still real tight. I'm seeing around 35mpg but that's a mix of highway and spirited twisties.

·
Registered
56 Posts
How large is the tank in the 10/1198?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPad app
The original tank on the 1098 was 4.1 gallons. My tank was replaced under warranty a few weeks ago due to swelling. Ducati admits that the tank was reshaped to reduce the impact of swelling but I also have a suspicion that the new tank might be smaller. I thought I saw somewhere that the 1198 tank was 3.7 gallons. The Ducati NA rep I spoke to did not know if the tank was still 4.1 gallons. He admitted he had an aluminum tank mounted on his 848.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts