Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
they certainly look the business regardless of price....machined out of a hardened block of metal as apposed to cast and plated....makes for a definite diferrence worth considering for sure.

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
zooom said:
they certainly look the business regardless of price....machined out of a hardened block of metal as apposed to cast and plated....makes for a definite diferrence worth considering for sure.
actually, the factory stuff is forged.

·
Registered
78 Posts
super rockers

Too bad Ducati wouldn't buy back their inferior rockers and replace them with
ones of your choice that actually do the job. These look the balls; definately appear to be quality machined. I just replaced all of mine (16) and wish I felt confident it would be for the last time.

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
You're damned right it is Mark. It is an inferior "duplicate" of the ones that used to work just fine !

Buckelew said:
actually, the factory stuff is forged.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Those are sick!!! I was wondering when someone would come out with a solid piece rocker arm... A solution that finally solves the flaking rocker arms for good!!!

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Tool steel is good stuff. I make my shims out of it. But it is harder to machine, especially milling. It wears out the cutting tools fast, and you have to take smaller cuts. These rockers do look nice though.

Mike

·
Premium Member
8,750 Posts
bubbazenetty said:
Has anyone seen this? http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Elec...ewItemQQcategoryZ35603QQitemZ4633614036QQrdZ1

IMHO, I don't know if this is any better than megacycle, but it sure is ALOT more money.

2400$ for a complete motor...for that kind of money, I'd just purchase megacycle rockers, and spend the extra cash on some nice carbon or ohlins stuff.
But what about your typical flaker, two to four and your done. However, from all the stuff I've seen on the subject, megacycle is an excellent choice, doing the job based on performance and a way better price, right?

·
Registered
3,393 Posts
Seems to me that they are marketing these to the ultraparanoid. When I have a problem with my ST4S rockers I will undboutedly go with Megacycle, which I have been using on Ducs since well before the four valve engines came along. ( Radical cams can really whack a rocker !)

John said:
But what about your typical flaker, two to four and your done. However, from all the stuff I've seen on the subject, megacycle is an excellent choice, doing the job based on performance and a way better price, right?

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I don't like all the sharp edges, and wonder how much they weigh. Do look nice, though.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
sblea said:
Those are sick!!! I was wondering when someone would come out with a solid piece rocker arm... A solution that finally solves the flaking rocker arms for good!!!

How do we know? Just because it is solid billet machined from solid tool steel through-hardened blah blah blah doesn't mean they're worth one dime. I have never heard of this outfit nor have any of my Duc-knowledgeable friends. I don't see any claims of X miles of testing on their site. Who's going to be the guinea pig at that price?

·
Registered
326 Posts
How much do they weigh? How does this compare to stock? How would you feel about spending that money and getting less performance?

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
sblea said:
Megacycles also solve the problem permanently.

But the ones above....look real sweet. They also appear to have radiused edges.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
You see radiussing on the closers, Mark? I see LOTS of very sharp edges everwhere....

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
I got one of their throttle cams, havent tested it yet since my 853 isnt done yet, its sitting on my TBs just waiting to be mounted.

cheech said:
wow, very nice but out of my price range.

but the 1/4 turn throttle looks enticing! will have to get one of these for $47. anyone use one of these?

http://www.electraeon.com/throttlecam.html

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
OldBaldy said:
You see radiussing on the closers, Mark? I see LOTS of very sharp edges everwhere....
Hi Barry,

I look at where "opener arm A" is and go to the left, then follow the first edge down and to the right and I see a radius indicated by the reflection of the light.

·
Registered
204 Posts
More Paranoia....?

Okay, so these rockers are made of stuff that is hard and doesn't flake. I wonder how it acts as it slides against a cam lobe? I'd rather wear out rockers than chew up cams any day.

For that kind of money, I'd go with Megacycle rockers. At least there are documented cases where they work and work well.

For $2400 for a complete set of rockers, I would have expected a roller design. They do look nice, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts