Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone hear of this shop? They are located in St. James, Long Island. Trying to find a reputable service center in the ny/nj area.

thx

·
Registered
108 Posts
Stay away

I know them. Have had extensive dealings with them, but never again. I wouldn't even buy a quart of oil from them. Do yourself a favor in the long run, stay away. Try Formula 1 on the south shore of LI.

·
Registered
835 Posts
exactly what i was gonna say

formula 1 on sunrise....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Where and why?

Since I'm also on Long Island, I would also like to hear reasons why one dealer is better than others. I've so far visitied Gold Coast and Super Moto Italia and found SMI to be a smaller and more friendly place. Gold Coast seems more impersonal. Still, neither compares to the huge multi-make Japanese dealers that feel like car dealers, complete with tension in the air. I came this >< close to buying a bike at SMI last weekend.

Feel free to PM or e-mail if publishing in this forum is undesireable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes

Yes, feel free to send me a message as well of experiences with dealerships.

M

·
0 Posts
Prior to moving to Connecticut I lived on Long Island and had both my 900ss and 996 serviced by SMI before they were a licensed Ducati dealer.

Although they weren't the most economical they were always fair and very knowledgable. They offered the highest quality parts and seemed to know the bikes as good as any mechanics I have dealt with.

Just my experience for what it's worth.

Rob

·
Banned
344 Posts
A couple weeks ago, I called Gold Coast in NY to verify that a "998R" listed in cycle trader was actually a 998R. I got the run around the 1st time I called.......after some persistence they informed me the bike was actually a 996R!!! :eek: I asked the manager/owner why the bike had 998R body work and told him that the guy selling it said THEY put the fairing on the bike before he bought it. The guy at Gold Coast told me he had to talk to the owner and "didn't have to answer any of my questions".......I got a call from Avi on Friday to inform me that Gold Coast Motorsports bought the 996R back from him............SHAAAAAAADY! :D

By the way.......the bike is STILL listed on cycle trader as a 998R.

http://www.cycletrader.com/adsearch/cyclesearchprocess.html

·
Registered
108 Posts
Super Moto

Malcontent said:
Since I'm also on Long Island, I would also like to hear reasons why one dealer is better than others. I've so far visitied Gold Coast and Super Moto Italia and found SMI to be a smaller and more friendly place. Gold Coast seems more impersonal. Still, neither compares to the huge multi-make Japanese dealers that feel like car dealers, complete with tension in the air. I came this >< close to buying a bike at SMI last weekend.

SMI was doing service and selling Ducati before they were a dealer. In fact it took a change of top level people at DNA before they would give them a dealership. I have had bikes damaged and that damage covered up by them. I have had prices quoted to me and then been told , no way can't sell at that price. When I went ahead and found better deals on parts (Moto Wheels and others) I found I was no longer welcome in the shop. That was after going to them for a price first and giving them a chance at my money. Of course SMI has a lot of real nice bikes on the floor, and great parts on display. Go there, look around, then go to Formula 1 on Sunrise Highway,

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thx

Thanks for getting me this info Duc. Where are you on L.I.? Trying to find some good roads besides exit ramps.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I bought my bike from them and had no problem whatsoever. I have yet to deal with any service issues, but whenever I stop in with any questions or need any advice, they are more than helpful and treat me very well.

·
Registered
11 Posts
agreed....

Goldcoast is very impersonal. I am in the market to buy a Ducati and just wanted to look around at my own pace but felt like I was being hasseled. I wanted to talk about a particular bike that had a street and a "R" version available. The salesperson/part owner "ARI" didnt have a clue; but thats not what pissed me off, its the fact that he did not have the decency to say "I am not sure and will check for you." Instead he said "there the same; this is the best bike in the world"....blah blah blah... Then he looks at you funny and gets defensive because you challenged his knowledge. He definatly will not be getting my commision thats for damn sure. No passion for bikes just your dollars!!!

The head mechanic/manager is the guy you want to speak to. Tall white guy with dreadlocks; he knows all his Ducatis and has a passion for what he does.

Malcontent said:

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Here's a piece of information if you care to hear about Formula one and Goldcoast. Last year I was shopping for a monster, checked Formula one and SMI, I live near SMI but the price was a little lower at F.1 on an S4Rs. Almost pulled the trigger on a red one, got the informations for the insurance, turns out they were trying to sell me an 06 when they told me it was an 07. Called 2 insurance companys with the VIN and both told me it was an 06. Called F1 and they swore it was an 07. Also, I hear horror storys about theyr svc. dept.
but I can't say anything about it because I never gave them the chance to service anything. So I went back to SMI and purchased the S4Rs from them, always treated me good, 1/2 price on service because I got the bike from them when F1 and Goldcoast don't do. This year I was looking for an MV F4 312. I went to see Goldcoast and when I asked them infos about the bike, a $25,000 bike, the only thing they kept on repeting was: this is like a supermodel, you take her out for an hour on a sunday morning show her off and bring her back. What about specs? "Well, there's the Ducati and then, over and above, there's the MV. At that point, when they realized there was no sale, they kept on brushing me off every time I asked them a new question. So I went back to SMI and picked up the Tricolore that was sitting on the floor. At least this is my experience I've had with these 3 places, you do the math. :think:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts