Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After being frustrated with the lack of storage space on our bikes, and wanting something small so I can carry a camera, a sweater and a second pair of gloves, my wonderful kids gave me a Cortech Super Mini Tank Bag for my birthday.

The thing looks tiny, but it is amazing what you can stuff into it, and you just don't know it is there when you are riding.

There are no problems with the front straps, but the rear strap is not long enough, but a large cable tie around the fuel pump section of the gas tank fixed that problem, and the strap just gets stuffed under the seat when not is use.

So if you are looking for a small tank bag to use on day trips, I can strongly recommend this one.

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I get some more photos on the weekend.

Rob

·
Registered
724 Posts
I have the Cortech Super 10 Liter tank bag and it is perfect for gloves and liners and lots of junk. I like it. specially the clear map window...

·
Registered
98 Posts
hay rob, is the velcrow on top for anything special or could you adapt it to take a small camera? just a thought.

vale

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, there is velco on the top of the bag as well as some "snaps". It comes with a map bag with a clear top, that attaches to the top of the bag.

I guess you could adapt something else to attach on top ... how good are you sewing skills? :D

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Hey Rob, that's exactly what i am looking for to go with my Cortech Panniers and Tail Bag! Any idea where they scored it? I got all my other Cortech gear from NewEnough in the US but if I can get one locally it would be great.

Cheers,
JC

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have one of these bags that I bought when most new tanks were still metal, so it's the magnetic one. And I agree that it's a very nicely made and well thought out bag. Unfortunately I ended up getting very little use out of it, as the bike it was bought for was sold shortly after, and all of my new bikes since have had plastic tanks. Too bad it's not like Marsee bags where you can change out platforms.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Rob, that's exactly what i am looking for to go with my Cortech Panniers and Tail Bag! Any idea where they scored it? I got all my other Cortech gear from NewEnough in the US but if I can get one locally it would be great.

Cheers,
JC
Hi JC,

I bought it from the Bike Gear Warehouse:
http://www.bikegearwarehouse.com.au/

Unfortunately their web site is not fully up to date yet, but they definitely have it is stock, and the price was just under $50, about $30 off the price a few months ago when I first started looking. Give them a call and they will sort you out.

Cheers

Rob

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
Thanks mate!

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice. Any chance of more photos? I'm possibly a moron, but more details on how this is affixed would be wonderful
Hi Schuffo,

I've attached a photo of how I used a cable tie (and a bloody big one at that) to secure the strap at the rear of the tank.

At the front, the straps just loop through the frame.

Cheers

Rob

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts