Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, just wondering if anyone's ever broken or had a defective Suomy product. I was recently cleaning my visor as the instructions said and all of a sudden my iridium layer washed itself off and I didn't do anything other than the cleaning instructions that they had, so can anyone help me out or point me in the right direction to get a Suomy warranty done? I went to their website, and there's nothing there.

I bought the visor on ebay from some store but I doubt I can talk to them about it.

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
I hear you about the Suomy website. I suggest you call one of their distributors named EMA (European Motorcycle Accessories). Call them at 925 460 3222 and ask for Eric.

For future info, warm water and a micro fiber towel is the way to go. Even Windex or common home glass cleaners can do harm to the high end coated helmet shields. I too learned the hard way. The other problem outside of the coating delaminating are rock chips and hard shelled bugs. They'll smack you right in your line of sight and your done, no way of fixing the defect. I just posted a related topic regarding haze in the dark smoke shield, haze when the sun is in front of you. I went to the dark smoke as an alternative to the expensive iridium and the like because of the easy it delaminates and the rock chip problem. I think I'm going back to high end and take care in washing them because the haze is totally unexceptable and dangerous. If your riding in the forests with the broken light and shade its very difficult to discern anything in the roadway because of the haze.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
As much as I like my Suomy (my second) the visor mechanism is not acceptable. I just don't understand why they would use a metal screw type pivot that screws into a plastic fitting. I'm sure you can imagine what happens if you accidently try to screw a misaligned metal piece into a plastic one. :(

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
As much as I like my Suomy (my second) the visor mechanism is not acceptable. I just don't understand why they would use a metal screw type pivot that screws into a plastic fitting. I'm sure you can imagine what happens if you accidently try to screw a misaligned metal piece into a plastic one. :(
+1 and that goes for ear piece over the shield mechanism on the older Gunwind and Ventura models. I just lost the right side ear piece and it was custom painted. Not wanting to pay upwards to $60 for a replacement pair, a buddy of mine came up with the right side since he bought a pair after loosing his left side ear piece on a Gunwind Suomy too.

I'm looking at the Akuma cf with the photo sensitive shield. Good reviews so far.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts