Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

401 - 420 of 437 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Some recent sunsets from Coral Springs, Florida!

The Everglades by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Art Sky by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Sun Sets Behind Clouds by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Sky Lines by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Path of the Setting Sun by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Stillness by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

Vanishing Point by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

and one from San Diego, CA (Carlsbad actually, and it is a sunrise not a sunset)

Sunrise Over Carlsbad by Dmitriy David Khaykin, on Flickr

·
Still needs a life.
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #404
I haven't posted on this thread for awhile. Last Tuesday's (11/3/15) sunset shots from Ocean Ave., my backup location when there is no parking on Sunset Ave. It also offers a different view of the railroad tracks. Unfortunately I missed the 4:30pm Sounder by about five minutes, which would have made a good addition to the foreground.

Taken handheld with my 7DII + 17-35L wide angle zoom. I used an aperature setting of f/22 on photos #2 and #3 to get a "sunburst" effect. Photo #4 is a wide angle shot of the afterset.

Attachments

·
Registered
133 Posts
WOW ! I love the second one. The depth of field, or lack there of is a visual treat. I like that the little puddle is in perfect relief, and still you can make out the person in the background.. Very nice.

·
Still needs a life.
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #407 (Edited)
Nothing on this thread in nearly two years. SLACKERS!!!

A combination of heat, stagnant air, and smoke from wildfires has led to this week's photogenic sunsets as well as hazardous air quality warnings in the Puget Sound Region. I have spent several evenings out photographing the sunsets using my 5DIII and 7DII with wide angle and telephoto zooms. Both cameras have HDR mode, which I have used as well.

Starting with Tuesday (8/1/17) on Sunset Ave.

Attachments

·
Still needs a life.
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
Friday (8/4/17) from Brackett's Landing North. It looks like the smoke screen will continue through tonight as well, so I will be out and about somewhere in town with my photo gear.

Attachments

·
Still needs a life.
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #414
Taken at the Embassy in Sea Side on the 12th floor . it was a great weekend at the races ... and yes sir it is .
So they did build that hotel. It was quite the controversy when first proposed while I was living in Monterey from 1985-87.

I don't know what Seaside is like now, but at that time it was considered the "ghetto" of the area. Seaside wanted the hotel to boost its economy while residents of Monterey and Carmel objected to a high rise hotel on aesthetic grounds. Seaside pointed out that it was easy for Monterey and Carmel to object to the hotel as they got rich from tourism $$$$$, while Seaside did not.

Our minister lived in Seaside and I thought the town had the most scenic views of any of the towns on the peninsula.

·
Premium Member
1,499 Posts
Way to resurrect Bill!

This one was from my trip with my oldest daughter in 2016. This is in Fish Lake National Forest, Richfield District, Utah. There are many places to primitive camp in Fish Lake. This camp was about 12,000 feet and not a soul around for miles. We both sat in our chairs like we were watching a good movie, just watching the sun set.

This one was near the start of that same trip. It was maybe the second night we camped. I had camped here before, and that time, the wind was horrendous. It was storming too. This time with the kid along, it was exactly the same! I am beginning to wonder if it is not like that every night. Anyway, the is the famous Whale Hill in Colorado, 12,000 ft. The kid was in awe of the place, but quickly fell asleep in the tent. The lighting didn't wake her, so I had to roust her out to get her in the car. It is a dangerous place for lighting.

·
Registered
813 Posts
Sea Side has gotten better, still building and re-building. It's kind of a land mark there. It's a nice place to stay.
Going through upgrades , should be finished very soon. Anyways ...

Older one from Aptos

·
Still needs a life.
12,483 Posts
Discussion Starter #420
Another member working very hard for a sunset shot. I feel like such a slacker as all I have to do is take a five minute drive down to the waterfront.

401 - 420 of 437 Posts