Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,762 Posts
Hey dude,
AFM races at Infineon. Why don't you ride your butt down there and watch the gang race. I plan on driving down, leaving here about 8am. Usually we would ride in by way of Berry, next year.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Heck yea...what time??

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
John, what's the AFM schedule? I don't have all day free, so that's why I wouldn't go to Sears Point. If you give me an idea what time, I might pull it off. My girl is in town, so I want to spend the afternoon with her.

Jon, let me know what's the earliest you two can meet me somewhere. I'm usually ready to head out of my house (50 & Bradshaw) around 9 am, so anytime after that. Earlier the better. If we meet somewhere at 10 we can be back by 2-ish. Would that work for you? Let me know. I'll PM my cell # to you. If posting becomes inefficient. I know a group is leaving Davis @ 10:30.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was a couple hours behind you folks on my little GB. Got held up by the young lad that took a turn too wide on 121. Life flight came in, took a look and left...decided they needed to help a more desperate case. Left his yellow honda all wadded up on the side of the hill. One of his riding buddies was on a yellow monster...Russel?

Carefull out there folks.

·
Premium Member
8,762 Posts
Bombash said:
John, what's the AFM schedule? I don't have all day free, so that's why I wouldn't go to Sears Point. If you give me an idea what time, I might pull it off. My girl is in town, so I want to spend the afternoon with her.

Jon, let me know what's the earliest you two can meet me somewhere. I'm usually ready to head out of my house (50 & Bradshaw) around 9 am, so anytime after that. Earlier the better. If we meet somewhere at 10 we can be back by 2-ish. Would that work for you? Let me know. I'll PM my cell # to you. If posting becomes inefficient. I know a group is leaving Davis @ 10:30.

AFM Schedule? Don't know the precise race times. Just know to show up and its all day racing. Got back a couple hours ago, great time. GoGo took the podium in Open Twins. Weather was nice. I think Terry on his 996 would have made a good showing for himself in Open Twins. I'm stirring up the pot by asking for a Superbowl race between Open Twins AFM champion up here and #1 Open Twins WSMC champion Kenny Kopecky down there. You know, SoCal vs NorCal. Ducati vs Ducati for bragging rights. I'm throwing in the first $100 towards the prize money.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Chops said:
I was a couple hours behind you folks on my little GB. Got held up by the young lad that took a turn too wide on 121. Life flight came in, took a look and left...decided they needed to help a more desperate case. Left his yellow honda all wadded up on the side of the hill. One of his riding buddies was on a yellow monster...Russel?

Carefull out there folks.
YUP.. that was me. My friend, a newbie, got a bit of target fixation, and rode up the hill/side of road. Broke his collarbone. He's alright, his bike is still a mystery, as the sheriff/chp said we couldn't take the bike, and it was being towed.

Ugh.. what a long day this was.

Yeah, I was thinking of this group, when I got back to Davis, a group of Ducatis (at least one of them was a red 749/999) pulled up on Russell at Arthur street, I was considering waving, but somehow its not the same when you are driving your minivan to the hospital to pick up your friend.
:(

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Yep...that was us...Jovan, Misti, and myself. Got a couple of photos (I'll get up later)and some good stories from the day but overall, you guys missed a great ride. I had never been out that way so it was beautiful for me. We were also there at the corner store as they were rolling away with your boys bike. There was a guy there that actually saw it happen and told us about it. We rolled back into Davis around 3, just in time to miss the down pour but still caught the soaking wet roads. Misti, the little troublemaker, and Jovan made a double line pass and met a CHP literally "head on". There was no deniying that one. I chickened out and never started around, so I was in the clear. Of course he turned around to pursue so Jovan took off and left poor ol Misti hanging!! (Naaa, JK) He did nab Misti but naturally the wave of the blond hair and the bat of an eyelash prevailed and we were off and riding again ticket-free. WOMEN!!! If it HAD been Jovan or I, no way we would have gotten out of it. It's just not fair. Stopped for a pretty good burger for lunch, made our sales pitch to several groups about the track day, and all in all had a great ride!!! You guys missed out.

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
Now here's something you don't see every day. A good looking MotoGuzzi out and about.

Family Photo

Here's a never before captured image of the mating dance of a D.O.G. member...

Another large group out and about

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HAHAHA !!! .. Getting in and out of that suit is a bitch. Nice shots.
That was a good ride - no crowd, it worked out with the rain and cops. From now on we let "Slick" Misti lead the group - tickets don't stick to her.

Did anyone sign up for May 1st trackday in Thill .. it's by Kegwins (sp?) I might take a spot - someone on kneeriders cannot go .. anyone?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts