Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So after almost 2 weeks of bad weather (unusual for greece!) we finally had a sunny day for riding this Sunday!

Anwar a member from ducati.ms has moved to greece and he joined our small group!! Hope you enjoyed the ride anwar!!

Manos with a Kawasaki Z750 07, me with my fighter, George with his Yamaha TDM900 and Anwar with his monster!!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Holy blackness! Great looking bunch of bikes. I wish I could still ride up here.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you cant imaging how often we go for rides here! its riders paradise!! i prefer winter time because in the summer it gets TOO HOT to be out in the sun with bikers protection gear on!!

i ll post more from other rides!! :)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check this ride out freezerburn!!!this was on april with my custom black and white kawasaki!

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
Nice. We need to see some pics of your roads. Any nice twisties would be great. Group rides are a blast and wish I could get in more of them.

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
I did a bike trip in Greece a few years ago and it was great - except for the unexpected oil on the roads. I'm told that Greece and Turkey use a pavement formulation that produces oil on the surface - made for some totally unexpected rear-outs. Do you find this to be true - or was I imagining it?

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well...i will agree that the road surface is probably the worse you can find. even in new roads the surface isnt high quality.

they use a mixture with bitumen and gravel that has nothin to do with "real" sticky tarmac... i am not an expert and cant really give you many details...

i dont think you expect oil on the roads because of the roads formulation, but the roads can be very slippery at times, especially when they are wet or very hot in the summer time...The one thing you should expect is the dust that makes the road slippery as well! In the summertime you can some times look a bit forward to the road and see that its like a mirror!!The angle of the road surface on the majority of the roads is wrong too :p

the good thing is that there are some twisty destinations with better quality roads (compared to the majority) where we can have some fun :)

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
+1 on freezers' comment
Photos of bikes and scenery or roads (or ladies!!) much appreciated:)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok ill try the once with the scenery and roads...
dont have any pics with girls on my fighter yet, but i do have with the kawasaki some you would appreciate for sure!!!!! :)

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Christos, how did you manage a ride...
I know in Greece has been raining same as here in Cyprus for the last 10 days :mad: ...Even though CY is supposed to be a very sunny place and hot... just my bad luck I guess.
I am still trying to run-in the bike and not possible.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I wish you lot would piss off putting on pics of the sun....Its getting me down

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hey Christos, how did you manage a ride...
I know in Greece has been raining same as here in Cyprus for the last 10 days :mad: ...Even though CY is supposed to be a very sunny place and hot... just my bad luck I guess.
I am still trying to run-in the bike and not possible.
As you can see it was a reeaaaaaally sunny day last Sunday!got a bit cold when the sun went down, about 11 to 13C (we usually find those temps only at night rides 2-3am) but it was G R E A T!
tommorow we will probably go for a night ride because as i see on the weather forecast the skies will be as clear as it gets :)

blackie, you must get used to it...i will upload sunny rides all winter long!! :)

·
Registered
1,504 Posts
Blackie, consider yourself in Heaven. I live 180 miles from Edmonton which has the distinction of being the coldest place on the Planet a few days ago - 48 below! But, we have LOTS of sun...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts