Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Foothills .. Meet at ed hills bellabrew?

I still have to put a new chain and radiator on and change oil, so I'm not thinking anything too early .. 9am?

Let me know .. If I can't get my bike together I'll post tonight.

Jovan

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
The kneeriders are meeting at the Shell station at I/80 and Taylor at 9:00am too. I'm undecided at this time because its supposed to hit 100 tomorrow. I was thinking of going, but leaving at 7:30am. Theres another small group going out at 7:00am to Downieville. No thanks on that because that stretch between here and there is just a bunch of narrow slower twisties. You remember that portion from our last ride up there Jovan, at that point I was starting to hurt pretty bad. Coming back is slow due to slow traffic.

·
Administrator
13,007 Posts
I think Jess and I will be heading out to Tahoe in a bit via Jackson/Kirkwood route if anyone needs a stretch.

·
Premium Member
8,749 Posts
I met up with a small group at 9:00am. Turned out to be an outstanding day and ride, I really enjoyed it. I've never seen so many bikes up at Wentworth before, ever. It was like a show and we contributed to it by having a Desmosedici, 999R, 1098S and 848 in our group. Pace was perfect and the company was good. I think what really made me smile was the performance of my 999R. I have never been on a bike that is so confidence inspiring or holds the line as well as this bike does. Its stability is uncanny and it gets better and better as I ride it more. I think I went to the next level of riding when I installed a set of DP adjustable rear sets. Totally by accident I didn't know the pegs are set substancially higher than the stock sets. This helped me big because previously I would frequently make contact with the ground with either my pegs or boots. Doing this or anticipation of doing it rattled me and at times stood me up. Not any more. I can now safely lean into a corner and take it with much more confidence, its also nice to know the bike is fully capable of more than you think. Great upgrade.

Looks like I'll be heading up there again next week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts