Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Who's riding on ACH to Wrightwood on Sunday? meet at Shell at 8am? Aloha Alex

·
Duc ... Duc ... GOOSE!
1,928 Posts
I will try to meet for the ride up ... but I've got a bachelor party Sat. night so Sunday AM might be beyond my capabilities.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Alex --- Being from Santa Monica I don't know the ropes. Where is the meeting place? Best way to get there that early in the morning? Gas at the meeting place? How far from there? ---Sorry for all the questions. We've met before at the Rock Store and I road with you and Todd the day you had the cruiser bike. (Still left me in the dust - How do you do that?)
Tom

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Alex --- Being from Santa Monica I don't know the ropes. Where is the meeting place? Best way to get there that early in the morning? Gas at the meeting place? How far from there? ---Sorry for all the questions. We've met before at the Rock Store and I road with you and Todd the day you had the cruiser bike. (Still left me in the dust - How do you do that?)
Tom
The Shell gas station is on ACH, it's basically on the corner of Foothill & ACH.
ACH is off the 210 Freeway. From the Shell station to Wrightwood is about 65mi. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
62 Posts
Not to be a total Bad News Bear, but whne we finished our long ride and came down ACH from Upper Big T, we counted 3 black-and-whites. Enforcement there is now in summer mode - which can include fixit tickets for aftermarket cans, if the officer has time.

I'd encourage you to do it as a true dawn patrol - head up an hour earlier, and come back from Wrightwood on Big Pines Highway> Ft. Tejon > Mt. Emma (which is a really nice ride as well, empty, and relatively unpatrolled).

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Pencil me in....... Jake and I were planning on riding tomorrow, just need to make sure he is down with the plan.

I'll be on the Multi tomorrow. I just bought soft luggage and want to try it out before Laguna. Anyone need me to carry anything:D

EDIT: Luggage installed and loaded. Man my bike is heavy, should be a pretty interesting ride.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Enjoy your ride guys!!! I'll be breaking in my new Trek Fuel EX9.8 :D

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
You know i love carbon... so of course it is! I'd join you guys but I can't take that much time because Ann has to go into work so I'll have the monkeys.

Enjoy and be safe.

Cheers,

:abduct:

carbon??:rolleyes: LOL Alex

PS: don't fall & get hurt........:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
Thinking about it... got another group going up after 9 from the Shell. Kinda hesitant to ride up there right now though with the LE situation. Our major state budget crisis is creating a major ticket writing crisis for us. I got one a few weeks ago driving 75, flow of traffic, on the 405 in the carpool lane, friend got one up on ACH last weekend...been hearing all kinds of stories and posts on other forums about tickets! aka Taxes! since I already got 1 ticket pending (first in 5 years) i'd do 55 the whole way and cruise it if i'm going up...hard to do on that road.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
change to 9AM?

does anybody want to do 9AM? I personally don't care, I just want to RIDE! :D Aloha Alex

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
does anybody want to do 9AM? I personally don't care, I just want to RIDE! :D Aloha Alex
I'm leaving Shell at 8, I like to beat the majority of the LEO up to Newcombs. If you guys want to meet at 9 I'll just wait at Newcombs for y'all and then we can ride to Wrightwood together. Let me know ASAP.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts

·
Resident Raggamuffin
9,716 Posts
so much more beautiful than the some of the best stunting shite that's out there.

bravo :)

·
Premium Member
1,399 Posts
Any more ACH rides coming up soon? I'll be up for it all summer.
Every Sunday.... If it ain't raining we be riding.

I'm tempted to change my departure time to 7:00AM and avoid the LEO and slow motion Harley's. DAWN PATROL FTW!!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts