Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what everyone wears for protection when riding in the summer heat? Mostly upper gear, jackets, vests, etc.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Something mesh or perforated with full armor/padding.

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
I was wondering what everyone wears for protection when riding in the summer heat? Mostly upper gear, jackets, vests, etc.

It gets hell hot in Arkansas, but the humidity is what really kills you. However, a fully perfed suit will work up to about 95*F as long as you keep moving and air flowing. Anything above that and I use a Marsee hydroweave cooling vest, which you soak in water and functions as a cooler under your leathers. Again, you have to keep moving, but it is really effective.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Black helmet
Full 1 pc black leathers
Sidi vortice air
Berik gloves

It sounds hot but when riding it's fine imo (used it in south of france for 3 days on the track with upto 40 degrees C ).

When just going on a short trip I use my normal low shoes, regular jeans, full face helmet (black usually), leathers gloves and a textile jacket with the isolation stuff taken out. Got some comments from the police the other day for not using boots/armored pants (got a ride home from them after my laverda died on me at 4 AM :) )

+1 on having something under your leathers in the heat, really helps with taking your gear off for a bit.

·
Registered
143 Posts
when it is unbearable, i just go with my icon vest for non freeway rides. other then that, full mesh sixsixone suit.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ride in my short and t-shirt - UNDER my Olympia Stealth if it is really hot or my Olympia Phantom if it isn't too hot or I think it might rain. When the vents are open and you are moving, it is pretty comfortable. I also wear either my Sidi Doha's or Vertigo Airs. Finally I have a perf'd A-stars set of leathers that I wear if I am going out and feel my self control may not be the best. None of them are too bad in the heat unless I am in the leathers and have to stop somewhere. Then I always think about that Geico caveman commercial and how stupid those guys look in their leathers off their bike. I usually get back on the bike and run that errand later in my truck.

·
Registered
8,545 Posts
A-stars perfed leather jacket. Good enough that I don't wear my AGV textile perfed summer jacket. And, of course, better protection.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts