Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Leather Suit for the Motard....

what are you guys using when riding your hyper? road racing suit? since a motard's riding position is more upright, are you guys having any difficulty with suits made for race bikes? i guess the hump in the back is also no longer needed right?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
what are you guys using when riding your hyper? road racing suit? since a motard's riding position is more upright, are you guys having any difficulty with suits made for race bikes? i guess the hump in the back is also no longer needed right?
I use a racing suite, 1 piece. The hump adds a certain "coolness factor" to it. Pretty comfortable for me.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Two peice leathers unless it too cold, then go for then go for the winter 2 peice.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
Mate I got a A stars S1 supermoto suit it's awesome shoulders are sewn non fwd so you can sit completely upright and stand up straight walk around in it all day etc epic full leather light weight lots of ventilation as you can tell I love it

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Mate I got a A stars S1 supermoto suit it's awesome shoulders are sewn non fwd so you can sit completely upright and stand up straight walk around in it all day etc epic full leather light weight lots of ventilation as you can tell I love it
saw that one but i think it has been discontinued 2011. can't seem to find it online anymore.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks. unfortunately the size only goes to 48. if ever i'll need the smallest since i'm only 5'5" which is 165cm. :eek: the knee sliders would come all the way to my shin.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
thanks. unfortunately the size only goes to 48. if ever i'll need the smallest since i'm only 5'5" which is 165cm. :eek: the knee sliders would come all the way to my shin.
oh sorry mate, FYI the motard suits dont have knee sliders so that wont be a issue...maybe send a-stars customer service an email and see if anyone in the USA has them on run out , motostrano did $395 off rrp...they only had a 54 left

worth a shot...its a great suit for the road too, as it aint heavy and tiring to wear..infact i had velcro sewn on the knees, i know use mine for ride days on my other bike (can put sliders on) its so bloody comfy...

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
actually saw on another forum when motostrano posted that it was going to be discontinued.... all the way to their clearance of the last remaining blue coloured suits which were the least popular. i'll shoot a-star and see if they even make the size 46 although i won't be holding my breath on this.

·
Registered
2,448 Posts
actually saw on another forum when motostrano posted that it was going to be discontinued.... all the way to their clearance of the last remaining blue coloured suits which were the least popular. i'll shoot a-star and see if they even make the size 46 although i won't be holding my breath on this.
cool, fingers crossed for ya mate!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Furygan blade EVO jacket & arlen ness leather trousers (or jeans) if it's dry
Hein gericke jacket and wolf leather & textile trousers in the wet
Hein gericke psx2 suit on the track
Shark rsr2 carbon lid
Really happy with all of it

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Hospital gown -> Maximum air flow

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Always, leather coat, good gloves. But, jeans normally.

·
Premium Member
843 Posts
Actually I recently got these Dainese Norsorex underwear pants with protective padding to wear under my Levi's for short rides. Good impact protection but probably poor abrasion protection. Boots + jacket essential.

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I wear joe rocket alter ego mesh pants and a joe rocket jacket that is mostly leather, similar to the pro street. I also wear my sidi boots and gauntlet gloves.

I wear a one piece teknic xcelerator suit on the track.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts