Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all. So I come here asking for the opinions of yall. I am looking to get a ducati when I come home from studying abroad in Italy and am looking for suggestions of a good first Ducati. Thanks

·
what's a Fly N Fink?
881 Posts
I'll jump in. First, a few ?'s

What is your riding experience level?
What is your goal when riding? Short trips, touring, possible racing/track days.

·
Premium Member
8,765 Posts
2V is a perfect starter because of reliability.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
John said:
2V is a perfect starter because of reliability.
thats the general concensus on the testastretta although it might be more motor than a beginer wants.

·
Registered
610 Posts
my first was and is a 749 dark 06, 4-valve with a few mods to the out-side. All I wish to add is an exhaust like dual remus cans. That will boost me and open her up some..
...push a little closer to the edge.

My only comment to you Domini is, If you can stand the heat, start cooken!

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/showthread.php?t=1585&page=12&pp=10

check out my ride! 2nd to last... The one with the funny stickers!

·
Registered
463 Posts
999r Xerox.;)

Really it's just what you are into. Monsters, Sport tourers, SBK's they are all great. They handle great and sound great. How deep is your pockets..er...I mean passion.:D

Once you go Ducati everything else becomes trivial.

jus' my $0.02

·
Registered
335 Posts
Ducati Purchase

You might want to consider buying the bike in Italy and shipping it back. I recall seeing a post from someone in the armed forces who was stationed in Italy - he had added all sorts of extras to his bike and still said he was way under what it would have cost him just to buy the bike in the US (wouldn't say a dollar amount, because he said those of us in the states would turn green with envy). I suppose the Italians on the board can tell us if this is true or just internet myth.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Smaller displacement Monsters make very good beginner bikes and are alot more forgiving if you're learning. Easy clutch pull, upright position, and inexpensive maintenance. Other good beginner bikes would be Ninja 250's, CB1's, EX500's, and SV650's. (And even F4i's)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks for all the replies about teh bike everyone. The current ones I am looking at are the 749 Supersport and the Monster 2 SR. My next question was brought up a couple posts ago about shipping it back to the states. Anyone else heard of it I think i will pst a new topic about buying it in Italy so thanks for the suggestion that there may be a benefit to it!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
I wish I could get my hands on a 749 supersport.. that would be hella cool..

Anyone one if anyone has done this transplant??

as a dealer once said to me--- Coolant = just ONE more thing to go wrong!!

Mal

·
Registered
98 Posts
dominicb said:
Greetings all. So I come here asking for the opinions of yall. I am looking to get a ducati when I come home from studying abroad in Italy and am looking for suggestions of a good first Ducati. Thanks
I don't know how close you are to PA, but the is a '01 (?) Monster "Dark" 620 in the local Paper for $3500 OBO w/7Grand on the Odo. I talked to the guy. Good common guy, seems square. The 620 may be a good starter bike. One with a little character, as not many smaller machine have much of that...-Capt

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.