Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Santa brought me a Zumo 665 for Christmas. It comes with an antenna for Sirius XM. Mounting the antenna seems to be a bit of a challenge. I would like it to be out of site. The documentation says it will work if its located under a non-conductive surface. The manual says it will work in a tank bag or a top case, for example. Neither of these locations is an option for me. Has anybody mounted one of these? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Satellite works best with unobstructed line of sight. With that in mind, Inused Velcro to mount it on top of the trunk. Use a big piece or it will tend to fall off and be swinging alngside your bike, eventually destroying the cable, as it did on mine. :(

It's $90 for a refurb, btw and they no longer make the antenna.

·
Registered
407 Posts
I worked a setup for my Zumo 550 where I mounted both the the Zumo mount and the antenna to a metal plate, then attatched a RAM ball to the back of the plate. The whole setup mounts on a RAM ball that replaces one of the handlebar clamp bolts. It sits on the left hand side of the bar just inboard of the grip. The Multi is in the shop now but I can send you some pix of the setup.

Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
I have a 665, and I use velcro to stick the antenna to the top of the top case. When the top case is off, I either move the antenna to the luggage rack or stow it under the passenger seat. 1 minute job.

Hiding the antenna hasn't been an issue...Sound quality has been. Interested in your experience with yours.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Top of your helmet would be the best. Unfortunately, the wireless antennae isn't available yet.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I put mine under the seat, works fine.

Same here. Tossed it under the seat and it works great. Not once have I had it 'cut out' or lose signal on me.. unless riding in a parking garage or a long tunnel or something like that. Otherwise, it's great.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts