Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is for my 2008 Hypermotard but I'm guessing other bikes use the same approach.

There are some small, flexible metal tabs with rubber coating that screw into the tank and are used to retain the wiring harness through the midsection of the bike. I've now broken two but I cannot find them anywhere in the parts diagram for this bike so I don't think direct replacements exist.

A loop clamp big enough for the harness is way too big for those little M4 retainer screws.

Any suggestions for what I can use as an alternative?

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@hypermo I saw that but when I searched "woodruff key" I assumed the diagram was misleading. They seem to be partial disks or square metal rods? E.g. McMaster-Carr.

@SwiftFF5 any suggestions for finding stock that can be easily formed without breaking?

·
Registered
750 Posts
Sounds like @hypermo has gotten you what you need, but I was thinking of just getting something from McMaster Carr and cutting to size. Glad that you have the parts you need.

·
Registered
2008 Hypermotard S
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I haven't decided what route to go yet. A pack of shim stock is about the same price as ordering the parts directly. Need to see if I have anything lying around that would do the trick. Thanks for the pointers!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts