Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have front and rear wheel axle sliders plus acerbis barbusters fitted, but I dropped the bike at a track day at the start of the year and bent my exhaust. I have the termi 2-1-2 system and it just stuck out far enough from under the seat to be one of the contact points in the crash. The link pipe between the cans twisted and bent the pipes slightly.

When i got the pipes straightened I had the termis shortened by 50mm so they do not stick out as far. It is a bit louder, but also deeper. But not stupidly loud. I got sliders fitted to the subframe to also help protect the exhaust.

I realise that this will transfer the force into the subframe, but the subframe is a hell of alot stronger than the cans - anyone who has taken the subframe off the bike has probably seen that it's pretty sturdy. Also, it will be cheaper and easier to straighten the subframe than the termis.

Here are some pics (poor quality) from my mobile phone

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I picked that spot cause it was where the subframe sticks out the widest and there is a fair bit of bracing there. Yes mate, the right side caron cover got damaged. But it just cracked and grazed, didn't shatter or have bits fall off, so it held together pretty good. I was lucky and picked up a geniune set pretty cheaply from someone who had a S model and just brought a termi 2-1 system.

·
You're gonna love my nuts...
1,658 Posts
Awesome idea Infidel!!!

2 questions; how did you fit the sliders to the subframe and at what area did you have the Termi's shortened?

Thanks dood! :D

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got a small section of plate steel welded to the subframe between the bracing, so the sliders bolt to that. I have the woodcraft rear sets so the idea was it would also give me a point to attach pillion pegs.

For the termis, endcap emoved and the carbon sleve and stainless cans were trimed back 50mm.

·
1,658 Posts
Sweet. Thanks dood!

·
1,658 Posts
Nice dood. My Termi's are loud enough so I doubt I'll cut 'em but I might steal your rear slider idea. :D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts