Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How do I get the 2012 Monster w/SSSA up on a rearstand?:confused: Former R6 just popped up on the spools... I guess I should rephrase: can I get this up with a standard, 2-sided spool stand safely?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,081 Posts
How do I get the 2012 Monster w/SSSA up on a rearstand?:confused: Former R6 just popped up on the spools... I guess I should rephrase: can I get this up with a standard, 2-sided spool stand safely?
No. You need a stand designed for the SSSA.

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
The only way you can use a rear stand designed for spooled swingarm is if you install a rear slider with spooled pucks like the one from Motovation. But you will not be able to remove the wheel. I would just get the pitbull designed for the SSSA, it's great!

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brilliant, that's what I was hoping for Nicky. I'm not planning to pull the wheel anytime soon. Can you rotate the rear tire for the purpose of cleaning/lubing the chain?

·
Premium Member
12,416 Posts
You came to the right spot, for answers...
Tons of good info here , You can save some $$$ with research and get the proper one for the proper price too, some places charge more for the same type of job you want to do...

Better to ask then look Stupid doing some damage to the Monster...

With the sales going on you may find the sponsers HERE may give you a deal and if you are a member here they may even discount it more.
Happy shopping

·
Registered
286 Posts
Brilliant, that's what I was hoping for Nicky. I'm not planning to pull the wheel anytime soon. Can you rotate the rear tire for the purpose of cleaning/lubing the chain?
Yep. The wheel rotates good enough for the purpose of cleaning/lubing. Don't worry about that.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts