Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For the fuel quickconnects. I know its been discussed before and I know section8 or motowheels or somebody has the whole thing for like eleven bucks but I'd like to get it today and of course I only need the O-Ring. Who carries stuff like that? Ace?

P.S. The stealer wanted sixty bucks ha ha ha ho ho ho.:p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
16,908 Posts
I bought some at Pep Boys. They sell an assortment for about $10. We have some in stock if you can't find anything locally.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myProducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=507%7CDucati%20OEM%20Parts&productID=3003&showDetail=1&categoryID=509|Ducati%20OEM%20Engine&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=168%7CEuropean%20Motorcycle%20Parts

·
Registered
319 Posts
If you are buying anything from a hardware store, just make sure they are rated for use with fuel. Most plumbing o'rings are not fuel rated and in time will dissolve/disintegrate when exposed to fuel.

-Fariborz

·
Registered
107 Posts
"Viton" o-rings for fuel.

McMaster Carr carries these o-rings as well. I got like a pack of 50 for less than 10 bucks.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Dealer wants $60 for an o-ring? Sorry, I don't think so. Maybe for the entire assembly as they may not sell the o-rings seperately, but not one simple o-ring. I've dealt with this PITA before, so I have 4-6 extra fuel disconnect o-rings and an extra fuel pump o-ring just in case. Also, you could get some lithium grease and put a bit on the o-rings when you connect them to lessen the chance of damaging them.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Got an old chain or master link O-ring?

I used a O-ring from a chain in a squeeze at the last track day of the season. No issues - and it's still on my QD fitting as we speak. I believe they are butile, to last in the grease and chain lube, so will not disintegrate in the fuel fitting.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Part # 9464K16 Quick Connect O-ring

Found my note when I ordered them a couple years ago. The prices are current though.

Fuel quick disconnect
AS568A Dash Number 011
Viton 0-ring Part# 9464K16 $7.54 for pack of 100
Fuel pump base O-ring
AS568A Dash Number 247
Viton O-ring Part# 9464K548 $10.30 for pack of 5

·
Senior Moment
1,474 Posts
I haven't reposted the hall of fame yet....but if you search in the archives, there's a thread with O-ring numbers; fuel pump, fuel QD's, cams....

·
Registered
8 Posts
O ring numbers

Hi
New member here. Great board. Tried to find the archives to search this problem No luck.

I live in SE Asia and piracy is alive and well when buying these O rings. If anyone has the common metric PN#'s for these O rings I would be very grateful!

Thanks

Bruce

2001 996
Termi 50mm
JHP filter
Heli Bars
Xenon HID's

1991 1200XLH Sportster (full blown custom)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts