Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The battery/alternator warning light is on continuously on my new to me '95 900SS. It occaisionally will go off for a while and then come on. While it is on I have measured the voltage across the battery terminals. It is consistently 12.5V at idle, 13.2V at 3K and 14.0 at 4K. The battery with everything switched off measures 13V. It has been this way for the past 500 miles.

I've taken apart and cleaned all the regulator connectors, and all the snap connectors under the fuse panel. I took the chassis ground off the frame, and cleaned it up too. None of the connections showed any corrosion or any indications of having been weak connections.

As far as I can tell the bike is generating electricity fine, anyone got any ideas on why the idiot light is on? I'm stumped.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Maybe it's the bulb or the connection itself. Failing that, do what Ducati did with the FE, no charging light installed :)

·
Registered
938 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it never lit up today in about 50 miles of riding. Maybe I should put black tape over the light so I never have to think about it again.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts