Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
M1200, spark plug boot don't want to cooperate. Tried pulling, turning a little, nothing. Obviously I want to avoid breaking it in the hole.

Any trick to get these out?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
get a long ziptie and lift the rubber cap at the top of the long section and wrap the ziptie around that and pull. unplug the other end from the coil - i'm about 6 weeks into waiting for a new lead for a customer because, while i managed to get it to come out of the hole without damaging anything, the let go came with such effort that i kept going, and the coil end didn't. it sucks.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
get a long ziptie and lift the rubber cap at the top of the long section and wrap the ziptie around that and pull. unplug the other end from the coil - i'm about 6 weeks into waiting for a new lead for a customer because, while i managed to get it to come out of the hole without damaging anything, the let go came with such effort that i kept going, and the coil end didn't. it sucks.
Zip tie was a very good trick and pulling the lead a wise one. Pictures helped.

thank you both :wink2:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Broke the horizontal one on my 2015 Multi. The new one is much nicer with a grip area molded into it.
It still seems to suction itself to the ceramic portion of the plug too tightly.
I'm drilling small holes into the rubber portion just below the brass contact socket inside the boot to alleviate the suction.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Broke the horizontal one on my 2015 Multi. The new one is much nicer with a grip area molded into it.

It still seems to suction itself to the ceramic portion of the plug too tightly.

I'm drilling small holes into the rubber portion just below the brass contact socket inside the boot to alleviate the suction.
Holes are a bad idea...Why not use dielectric grease instead of holes...it's likely to just get stuck again and tear at the perforations you just created

1 - 7 of 7 Posts