Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm deep into it now.
Forks and Shock out for rebuild, Fitted ST4S Aluminum swingarm, Picked up Marchesini front and rear wheels, complete Paint job to Ducati Red. Dropped to 14t on front sprocket. Hope I remember how it all goes back together!

Attachments

·
The days are getting longer!
8,278 Posts
Good luck!

I would be cautious with the 14 tooth for the front. The aluminium swing-arm is thicker and you might have problems wearing out the guides prematurely.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the heads up. Once i get my the rear end put back together I'll check it out. Maybe have to put the 15T on then. I'll wait to torque the sprocket nut and see how it looks. Those chain guides are not cheap, Like $45.00. There different than the ones on the steel swingarm as is the axle, the chain adjusters, pinch bolts,etc. I had to buy all those parts, at least Ducati had them. Other option would be to change the rear sprocket but then i may have to add links.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Man I thought I was being ambitious. Doing valves and belts this winter. Getting my bike painted also while all the plastic is off.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did the valves and belts right after I got the bike last spring with 21,400 miles on it. I don't think my valves were ever adjusted. no service history.
That's a pretty big job ,at least in my opinion. The belts aren't bad at all but the valves are a different story. Takes a lot of patience. Luckily I had a nice guy thats a great mechanic work with me on it. The LT Snyder book is really helpful as well. It took us 2 full days but we did do new sprockets, chain, plugs as well. The front cylinder exhaust is a bitch to change the shims on a ST3. It was hard with 2 people, can't imagine one person trying to do it alone.
When you get it right though it's really worth it. What a difference in performance, of course mine were pretty far out of spec.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts