Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take on a fun winter project. Nothing with a huge budget. Picked up an ST cheap with a bad motor and have a ton of spare stuff laying around. Have a spare motor that that came out of a fire damage bike but new belts and rollers should get it running again. Bodywork shielded it well. Just stained pretty bad.

S2R single sided swing arm should be in tomorrow. Have a 3 spoke rear that needs paint. Going to use some sport classic race fairing and tail from airtech streamlining and cut holes for headlights. Also hope to use an S4R exhaust system. Chop the tail down.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Got my swing arm in last night. After work I hit it in the wet blast cabinet to freshen it up. Hopefully mount it tomorrow night. More pics to follow

Bicycle Crankset Wood Vehicle Rim

Grey Wood Comfort Outdoor shoe Table

Bicycle part Nickel Composite material Gas Auto part

Wood Rim Bicycle part Automotive exterior Bicycle drivetrain part

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
would be interesting to see how the complete swingarm/wheel/brake rotor assemblies compare weight wise.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Lets see who can get the best guess.
I reckon the single sided will be heavier by 2kg.

Sounds like an interesting build.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I always wanted to do the SS swingarm mod on the ST, but questions on exhaust mods required stopped me. Curious on how you are going tackle this.

Good luck,
Scott L.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I always wanted to do the SS swingarm mod on the ST, but questions on exhaust mods required stopped me. Curious on how you are going tackle this.

Good luck,
Scott L.
This bike is going to get a full aftermarket S4R exhaust so it will showcase the swing arm and rear wheel. Both cans will be high up on the right side. I also wondered if I could use a high mount monster S4 dual exhaust on both right/left side

·
Registered
35 Posts
Don't know if you have a need or an interest. I have a complete motor from 2004 st4s I parted, it has 32000 miles and ran good. I also have a good wiring harness. I would say 600.00 for the motor and 100.00 for the harness.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
11,039 Posts
Don't know if you have a need or an interest. I have a complete motor from 2004 st4s I parted, it has 32000 miles and ran good. I also have a good wiring harness. I would say 600.00 for the motor and 100.00 for the harness.
Anything like this should be in the Classifieds or taken offline. Thank you.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i appreciate the offer and will keep it in mind if I wind up needing anything. i have a couple other parts motors kicking around so I'm hoping i have enough stuff to make a good bike

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just got the swingarm fitted. Every really does bolt right up. Need all the same shims for the swingarm too. The ST pivot bolt fits perfect for the swingarm. The same bolt also works for the lower shock mount. Plenty of clearance for the rider pegs. Pretty happy with the mock up so far

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bicycle tire

Automotive tire Vehicle Yellow Motor vehicle Automotive wheel system

Automotive tire Bumper Fender Automotive wheel system Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Tread

1 - 19 of 19 Posts