Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
went to remove airbox cover, bolts spin with some resistance but do not come loose, any ideas? Also does anyone have a procedure to remove the airbox, I need to get it out of the way to remove the rest of the wire harness.

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Well, you don't need to remove the filter cover to remove the airbox, if that's all you're trying to do... :)

The couple times I've had the inserts strip out I've had to drill the top of the bolt head off. As soon as the preasure is released you can simply spin whats left of the bolt right out of the insert by hand. Frustrating. Just go slow, if you overheat the bolt it will start to melt the plastic and you'll have an even bigger problem. You can pull the inserts out and epoxy them back in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
removal

where are the bolts for the airbox, the two star nuts on each side underneath? I fear they may also be stripped!

·
Registered
737 Posts
Easy, those ones are held in place by a rubber grommet. If you're trying to remove the airbox itself, you just need to give it a good old fashioned heave ho and it should come away from the grommet :)

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
...and one small bolt at the very front under the box behind the oil cooler. There are a couple vent hoses that just pop off/out, and of course the throttle body clamps that need to be loosened. The big mounts at the back just pop out of the rubber grommets as noted, no tools necessary.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts