Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '07 GT1000 looks so much like my '75 860GT that I think white stripes on the GT fenders and tank would make them look even more like twins. I know nothing about striping. Paint? Vinyl tape? Suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,436 Posts
I vinyled the front fender of my s1k using a super bike stripe kit, was wider so I had to trim but if not matching, should be easier. Pics in gallery.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Hi, I had mine paintetd. We used a self made sceme which I took the measurement from the original.
I think painted looks much better than glued stripes. You can see the outcome in the thread Fitting the Diopa seat.

Sent from my iPad using MO Free

·
Premium Member
1,593 Posts
Paint does look better than vinyl stripes, but vinyl is easy and cheap to do, and can still look great.

Use quality, pre-cut vinyl, and make sure everything is superclean, then apply with a light spray of water with detergent in it - which will allow you reposition the vinyl and remove air bubbles easily.

If you love your vinyl stripes you can clearcoat over it, which is what Ducati actually do at the factory anyway - and is why they are not flat.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks

Good ideas from all. Thanks. (jcsalla, I'm originally from outside of Boston too. Go Bruins)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts