Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of guys wanna do this??? Killer deal....goto Hypercycle.com and enter discount code 'Tracktactics' Streets should be a good track on a Hyper.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Streets is great for the Hyper but I can't make that date.

Have fun!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
That IS a super price! but I'm not sure about this month.....3 birthdays & my middle son graduating from High school in a couple of weeks, I need new tires, etc.etc, so I'll have to play this one by ear. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
868 Posts
Well I pulled the trigger (without even asking the wife...) I selected B group, I haven't been there before ... I hope some of you guys will join me. I'd rather have some brethren out there but for that price I just gotta ride, lonely or not...Thanks for the heads up on that price Mental...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Did the track day at Streets of Willow and it was great, the track is technical, more hard braking and working the bike than at Buttonwillow, but the Hyper does well there. The track has nice elevation changes that add to the fun and excitement, but it took me 3 sessions to start getting my markers set and to feel I was remembering and understanding the track. There are some great corners there like turn 3 is a bowl that allows for massive knee draggage. Then there is a bowl on the back side of the track that shoot you onto a straight... very fun, and sketchy at times.

Overall my riding was good by the last session, but I know I left quite a few seconds on the track.... not too worried being that is was my first time out there but I am seeing where I could start rolling on the throttle earlier in some corners, where I can hold it open a half second longer at the end of the straight, find some better lines...

Where to next???

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Did the track day at Streets of Willow and it was great, the track is technical, more hard braking and working the bike than at Buttonwillow, but the Hyper does well there. The track has nice elevation changes that add to the fun and excitement, but it took me 3 sessions to start getting my markers set and to feel I was remembering and understanding the track. There are some great corners there like turn 3 is a bowl that allows for massive knee draggage. Then there is a bowl on the back side of the track that shoot you onto a straight... very fun, and sketchy at times.

Overall my riding was good by the last session, but I know I left quite a few seconds on the track.... not too worried being that is was my first time out there but I am seeing where I could start rolling on the throttle earlier in some corners, where I can hold it open a half second longer at the end of the straight, find some better lines...

Where to next???
I glad you had a good day, :) wish I could have been there, :(

Maybe Aug 9, Sunday? Streets of Willow, "B" class "A" class is full already, Aloha Alex

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow, sounds like loads of fun... wish I could have been there too. I remember the bowl being a great corner. I do want to get back out on the track soon. Willow in August will be killer hot though.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts