Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Awesome project! Following with great interest and respect.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Cool. What are your plans for tuning it? Ducati makes it difficult for boost mapping etc.

Reactions: Sergio Naves

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome project! Following with great interest and respect.
Tanks!
Cool. What are your plans for tuning it? Ducati makes it difficult for boost mapping etc.
I am a tuner, I have a dynamometer workshop in Brazil and I am specialized in this area (BH MOTORACING)
in this model I make the map directly on the ECU, but to have more resources I will use a programmable FuelTech FT550 injection parallel to the original injection that allows a series of adjustments and functions such as, in addition to the “normal” adjustments, I can do traction control, anti-weeling, boost by gear etc.

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Good stuff, looking forward to seeing your result. I too have a twin turbo 999S.

Reactions: Sergio Naves

·
Registered
809 Posts
I'm not only impressed by someone attempting this daring feat of brilliance but ohh my god can this guy weld!!
I've been around ALOT of custom exaust shops in my lifetime & seen some pretty trick shit built in my day & YOUR way up there in quality craftsnanship, layout, cramming 15lbs of shit in a 5 pound hole & Those welds.......holy shit guy I'm VERY impressed!

·
Registered
809 Posts
Here's last winter's project
Hood Automotive tire Automotive lighting Green Motor vehicle

side cover off so you can see it 900cc turbo arctic cat 300 plus HP on pump gas 6lbs boost

·
Premium Member
1,658 Posts
Here is a link How to get absolute maximum power from 999s? LANDSPEED with a few pictures of the Twin Turbo 999 while I was developing it. This one does go around corners. But I do have a real 999S for the streets. I am too old for road racing anymore…and was never as fast as I thought I was. 😁. Some tricks inside those heads it’s pretty fast but this is a multi year project, while I continue to refine the aero and up the boost before we switch to nitromethane….our TL is a fairly radical motor too with lots of nitrous in a wet kit I designed and also holds 2 FIM World Records .

·
Registered
‘05 749R, ‘89 851/926, 749R/999RS project
637 Posts
The Patto's at Ducati Bunbury in Western Australia have got a great series of Yootoob playlists on their various turbo'd drag racing endeavours. Amongst them just happens to be a turbo Streetfighter. It's not a super-serious effort like their turbo 900SS (fastest 2 valve Ducati in the world) or incredible turbo 749R builds but is still worth a look:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Oh man, this is super cool. The original posts and all the following ones too. I'd be terrified to ride it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts