Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm looking for buying the Bazzaz Z-fi TC for my bike.
First, did anyone installed it on the street ?
second, the version of the bazzaz products for the street are only 2010-2011.
My bike is 2009 and the support at bazzaz have not tested this unit on 2009.
So my question is, is there any differences between street 2009 to 2010 ? anything at the electronics?

Thanks,
Roei

·
Bon Vivant
11,583 Posts
In the US we did not get any bikes with the model year designation of 2009, all of the first bikes sold were registered as 2010.
So, no there are no differences between 2009 and 2010. Your Bazazz will work exactly the same on either year.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 2012 model am dying to try out the Bazzaz but it will void my warranty of 2 years =(

Please let me know wats the difference after u install. Thank you.

·
Temporary greeter
23,089 Posts
As far as other year differences, here they are: (as much as I remember)

2010- (all 1098)
-Standard models available in red or white and all had a black frame and cast wheels with Showa suspension.
-S models available in black or red with a gold frame and Ohlins suspension.

2011- (all 1098)

Same as 2010 but the white color was dropped on the standard model and the gold frame on the S was changed to red.

I think a flat black paint job was available too. It all gets cloudy for me from here on. Maybe someone can help.

2012-

Added 848

Discontinued Standard model 1098 and the 1098S is now referred to as a Streetfighter S. It is mostly unchanged.

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
As far as other year differences, here they are: (as much as I remember)

2010- (all 1098)
-Standard models available in red or white and all had a black frame and cast wheels with Showa suspension.
-S models available in black or red with a gold frame and Ohlins suspension.

2011- (all 1098)

Same as 2010 but the white color was dropped on the standard model and the gold frame on the S was changed to red.

I think a flat black paint job was available too. It all gets cloudy for me from here on. Maybe someone can help.

2012-

Added 848

Discontinued Standard model 1098 and the 1098S is now referred to as a Streetfighter S. It is mostly unchanged.
Also for 2012 the grey with red frame color scheme came out for the SFs.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have a 2012 model am dying to try out the Bazzaz but it will void my warranty of 2 years =(

brand, no hurry to try the bazzaz. Try tinker about with the ECU before using a bazzaz.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info.
The model compare at ducati site shows they are the same, I tried downloading the spare parts pdf and compare between them but they don't have the 2009 file.

Roei.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
on papers there is no 2009 ducati streetfighter.
it was a 2010 model, that launched in 2009! :) honda did that with cb1000 a few years ago as well...

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I know the Gripone by FG Gubellini is a plug and play for all years.

Not sure how it compares to Bazzaz.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Blame the universe not the tank!
3,234 Posts

Think of the warranty in this manner... it is for the failure of stuff that Ducati put on the bike. If you have a dealer put your Bizzaro tuning solution on, they will honor your warranty as long as it does not relate to the Bizaro tuner. The same goes for adding piggy backs like power commander... Bizzaro is the same as the PC in many regards.

The warranty thing is something you want to talk up front to your dealer about. If you bought the bike there, and they are a pseudo race shop, they will support you. If you bought your bike somewhere else, but spend money/have a good relationship with the dealer etc... they will honor the warranty. If you do all your own work and dont spend a dime at a dealer, well, I dont see why they would want to help or honor the warranty.

Get to know your dealer. Be up front about what you want to do. See if they want to help you along the way by helping with maintenance or upgrades. The warranty really is for covering the failure of parts/systems that are faulty. Adding a piggy back fueler that is properly installed and programmed will make the bike run better and not cause systems to fail. So in my mind, I wouldn't worry about the two year warranty runs out until I made changes to the SF. It needs changes from day one in order to get the most fun out of the bike and not deal with crappy out of the box tuning that some suffer from.

If your dealer says they cant honor the warranty after you've done stuff to your bike... it may be a hint that they are not the dealer to deal with. I do say this though with exception... if you Eff up something by installing it yourself, and short out your dash or fry your ECU etc... that is not covered by warranty.

Typically when going for aftermarket piggy backs, I would ask those who can tune, what they tune. If you are the first one to want a Bizzaro put on the bike and no one local has done it yet, do you want to be the ginny pig? PC's tend to be more acceptable since they have been around much longer and enjoy that market share based on that. ECU flashing is another option, but it has it's limitations depending on whose flash ect.

Sorry to ramble, but the main point was that as long as you do your homework and then proceed with upgrades, you shouldn't have problems with the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle

·
Registered
137 Posts
brand, no hurry to try the bazzaz. Try tinker about with the ECU before using a bazzaz.
Wah am I that easy to spot LOL...........

Think of the warranty in this manner... it is for the failure of stuff that Ducati put on the bike. If you have a dealer put your Bizzaro tuning solution on, they will honor your warranty as long as it does not relate to the Bizaro tuner. The same goes for adding piggy backs like power commander... Bizzaro is the same as the PC in many regards.

The warranty thing is something you want to talk up front to your dealer about. If you bought the bike there, and they are a pseudo race shop, they will support you. If you bought your bike somewhere else, but spend money/have a good relationship with the dealer etc... they will honor the warranty. If you do all your own work and dont spend a dime at a dealer, well, I dont see why they would want to help or honor the warranty.

Get to know your dealer. Be up front about what you want to do. See if they want to help you along the way by helping with maintenance or upgrades. The warranty really is for covering the failure of parts/systems that are faulty. Adding a piggy back fueler that is properly installed and programmed will make the bike run better and not cause systems to fail. So in my mind, I wouldn't worry about the two year warranty runs out until I made changes to the SF. It needs changes from day one in order to get the most fun out of the bike and not deal with crappy out of the box tuning that some suffer from.

If your dealer says they cant honor the warranty after you've done stuff to your bike... it may be a hint that they are not the dealer to deal with. I do say this though with exception... if you Eff up something by installing it yourself, and short out your dash or fry your ECU etc... that is not covered by warranty.

Typically when going for aftermarket piggy backs, I would ask those who can tune, what they tune. If you are the first one to want a Bizzaro put on the bike and no one local has done it yet, do you want to be the ginny pig? PC's tend to be more acceptable since they have been around much longer and enjoy that market share based on that. ECU flashing is another option, but it has it's limitations depending on whose flash ect.

Sorry to ramble, but the main point was that as long as you do your homework and then proceed with upgrades, you shouldn't have problems with the warranty.

Sent from my iPad using Motorcycle
I see where you are coming from. Will see which option will be the best for the both of us. Thank you =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts