Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know.. Both aren't comparable to each other, and it probably doesn't make sense to create a thread about this question.

But... This is where I'm at. Both have won my heart and I have already purchased the Hypermotard which will arrive in April. I have started researching the Streetfighter after purchasing the Hyper and its slightly making me lean more towards it.

To start off, I'm 6'3 so im not a short rider. I am in shape so I don't think it would be an issue, but there is a slight question mark in my head on whether it will be as comfortable as the Hyper. I did have one bike I've owned my entire life and it was the 848 evo (owned for 1 year and sold it). I loved it a lot and the only issue I had was my wrists would get tired after riding for a while, which will be solved since there isn't that much lean angle with a naked bike.

My country doesn't have any twisty roads at all. The majority of our roads are long highways. This is where I think the Streetfighter will have an advantage.

What attracted me to the hyper was that it looked like such a fun ride that going to put a smile on my face every time I ride it. The Streetfighter in my head right now just has that sexy refined look which I can't get over. Im sure the ride experience will be so different as well.

The issue is I haven't ridden both, and won't have the option to since my dealership won't have testdrives for both. I kinda need to make a blind purchase when it comes to this aspect.

Any help from this community to help me make the right decision will be much appreciated.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hyper thrives in twisties, but is not ideal for straight away highway speeds for extended periods of time. Based on your environment, street fighter sounds like it would be better suited. This coming from a happy hyper 950 sp owner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hyper thrives in twisties, but is not ideal for straight away highway speeds for extended periods of time. Based on your environment, street fighter sounds like it would be better suited. This coming from a happy hyper 950 sp owner.

Thank you for your input.

·
Mexican Ducatista
1,016 Posts
IMHO neither the hyper nor the streetfighter are made for highway speeds for extended periods. Although both engines are capable of high speeds (insanely high speeds in the case of the V4), neither bike has a fairing.

My two naked Ducatis are great in the twisties. But riding any of them over 120Km/hr for more than half an hour on the highway with all that wind on your chest can be pretty uncomfortable and not so fun. If I lived in a flat place I would either spend most of my riding time at the local track, or buy a Multistrada.

Just my two cents.

·
Registered
3,303 Posts
My 1098 SFS cruises at 70mph- 90mph just fine. It's rock solid with minimal wind buffeting. Somehow it does this with the stable chassis and angular shape of the headlight and dash without a fly screen. I'm sure the new V4 will perform in a similar way. The Hyper SP is a great bike but I've never owned one. I'd like to own an older air cooled SP.

·
Premium Member
1,183 Posts
IMHO neither the hyper nor the streetfighter are made for highway speeds for extended periods. Although both engines are capable of high speeds (insanely high speeds in the case of the V4), neither bike has a fairing.

My two naked Ducatis are great in the twisties. But riding any of them over 120Km/hr for more than half an hour on the highway with all that wind on your chest can be pretty uncomfortable and not so fun. If I lived in a flat place I would either spend most of my riding time at the local track, or buy a Multistrada.

Just my two cents.
This. I highly doubt you will be happy with either the Hyper or StreetF. Unfaired bikes (to me) are no fun at all in long straight thoroughfares. I have always found myself trying to get down to stay out of the wind on my Hyper should I have to ride a freeway. I also am considering a Multistrada.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I have owned my hyper 1100 since 09 and I have a deposit down on a v4sfs. The hyper is great around town and the twistys. From commuting and doing Small wheelies from stop sign to stop sign or track days I love it. I can cruise in the highway but it’s not enjoyable. Not sure how the sf will be yet, I can report back in may. But my idea is that the sf for me will be something a little more aggressive that I can still ride to work, I can bring to the track for some fun and a back up if my 748 breaks again and for some mountain runs if I am lucky enough to get away. I am hoping the sf won’t over lap either bike so much that one stays parked for a while.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I agree with Ian996, if you don't have nay turns or twisties, get the Multistrada. Although they may not look quite as cool, you will enjoying getting to the twisties and enjoy them when you get there on a Multi.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts