Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the new Streetfighter V4S shortly after it was announced and my North Carolina dealer just got the estimated delivery date. As usual, the dealers with pre-orders will get those bikes first before non-committed inventory bikes. They are saying end of May. I’m sure there are some folks on the forum that work at dealers and know more than I do about the delivery date process. I’m just conveying what my dealer just told me.

I was hoping for an earlier date but that gives me time to sell my Hyper and hopefully use tax return money to fund.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Crazy, mine keeps saying April with the preorder as well,

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
I've worked in a dealer in the past. Not a Ducati dealer but the process is about the same for all manufacturers of motorcycles. For the customer it's a hurry up and wait situation. Sometimes bikes that are ordered show up early and sometimes they show up late. Bikes are only ordered at certain times of the year from the factory. Another thing that can play into this is the dealer size, how much floor plan they pay for every year. And how close they are with company reps. Even a small shop that has a good relationship with factory reps can have more pull then a large shop with little factory rep relationship. Something else that's important is how well they get along with other dealers in the network. We used to get motorcycles from other dealerships. We would trade bikes as well. Sometimes we couldn't get a bike from our factory order so we would trade another dealer if we had a customer that wanted to buy a bike we didn't have. Some dealers in the network we wouldn't trade with because we didn't like that particular dealer. I ordered my 2011 SFS and it arrived from Italy a little early. You never know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
211 Posts
Does anyone know when the journalists will be riding them? I’ve been checking YouTube daily. The v2 reviews came out really fast.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a non-S and was told the same delivery date. My preferred dealer had said April for S models, and then a month later for the base. All I know for certain is it's going to be a long winter. What did you have to put down? Minimum was $1000, non-refundable.

·
Registered
211 Posts
$1000 refundable.

I was told here in New York it is illegal to make a deposit non refundable, unless it is a custom order, like a silver 911 with yellow seats and blue wheels. 🤢

·
Registered
36 Posts
$1000 refundable.

I was told here in New York it is illegal to make a deposit non refundable, unless it is a custom order, like a silver 911 with yellow seats and blue wheels. 🤢
I've heard similar elsewhere. I'm sort of surprised that Vermont allows a non-refundable deposit, but c'est la vie. Honestly, it's sort of a moot point for me. I had originally thought I'd buy a Multi 1260, but when rumor of the new Streetfighter came out, it was pretty much a done deal that if it were made available, I'd buy it!

·
Premium Member
3,550 Posts
When I preordered my Multi in 15 (new model) they indicated late April... it arrived Mid May. I think May is pretty normal For Duc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts