Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I am getting a delivery of the Streetfigher V4S in a few weeks and was looking at the clear clutch cover accessories by Ducabike. If anyone has installed it, could you tell how long the process was and if it is something that is doable individually or should give it to the dealer to have it installed? Thank you!

·
Bon Vivant
10,855 Posts
You have to drain the oil, clean the gasket surface without damaging it, if you have a custom pressure plate or clutch (A Must!) you have to know how to install that, and then install the gasket without getting any leaks. It is doable from home but for most of us I would highly recommend dealer install.

I just took a look at it online and for the v4 it is really a neat set-up - on the V2 you have to replace the entire engine cover but for the V4 the clutch cover is on it's own so it is far cheaper to do (but no less difficult) A custom pressure plate and spring retainer is a must but it makes for a really cool look!

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
Be warned. Others here have reported getting oil on the inside of their clear cover after doing the mod.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Just go all out with a dry clutch. That's the way it should come from the factory. Just like the original 1098SFS came from the factory

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
Can't make up my mind whether I want this or not.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Ya, I know. It's probably over $3200 with shop labor for installation. We got the dry clutch included with the original 1098SFS. And now Ducaudi wants $5500 for an exhaust and it takes 10 hours for installation. So $6500. WTF? This has gotten ridiculous.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Ya, I know. It's probably over $3200 with shop labor for installation. We got the dry clutch included with the original 1098SFS. And now Ducaudi wants $5500 for an exhaust and it takes 10 hours for installation. So $6500. WTF? This has gotten ridiculous.

Premium motorbike, premium pricing...:)

·
Hammer Down
1,651 Posts
I think we've surpassed "premium" and went to "boutique" pricing. Cheapest exhaust I've seen for the SF V4, so far, is an Arrow exhaust for about $2,500 not including an upmap.

·
Bon Vivant
10,855 Posts
I think we've surpassed "premium" and went to "boutique" pricing. Cheapest exhaust I've seen for the SF V4, so far, is an Arrow exhaust for about $2,500 not including an upmap.
$1695 at motowheels for titanium Arrow and an upmap is not yet available so no worries about the price. They say the newest ECU is a self learner so a new map may not be needed. I know this to be the case for my 2016 Triumph - Ducati's just a little behind the curve on that...

·
Hammer Down
1,651 Posts
$1695 at motowheels for titanium Arrow and an upmap is not yet available so no worries about the price. They say the newest ECU is a self learner so a new map may not be needed. I know this to be the case for my 2016 Triumph - Ducati's just a little behind the curve on that...
I must’ve confused my exhaust prices 😂. Nice to hear about possibly not needing an upmap.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts